$10 million - WOW!

MarilynMarilyn ✭✭ ✭✭
It has been an exciting week in the ovarian cancer community!  The Federal Government announced a new investment of 10 million dollars in ovarian cancer research as a result of our lobbying efforts over the last four years.  See the announcement on our website!

https://ovariancanada.org/

Did you participate  in any way by sending a letter, postcard, signing the petition or visiting your MP? 

Not everyone was able to be involved but we thank everyone for your support - we all share in this historic moment.

What does this mean to you?

Comments

• This was amazing news to hear!! I did some advocacy work with OCC back in 2017 and met with local MPs and MPPs to encourage them to fund research and also show them that this disease affects women of all ages. It's great to see that this work paid off finally!! I was so honoured to be a part of this work :) 
  • FlowergirlFlowergirl Mod Vol Mod Vol
    Thank you for participating @jiselle16 ......Anyone have plans for WOCD  - MAY 8 - in their area?
  • Luci22Luci22
    This is great news.  My mom and I sent the letter, as well as several friends of ours.  I truly hope this $10 million can make a great difference in treatment of ovarian cancer.  Thank you for working so hard on this crucial issue affecting so many lives.