Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Poo---who wants to talk about it???

Options
2»

Comments

• Thank you @Strongwoman for your additional comments. A few days ago I dealt with small bowel obstruction symptoms and my palliative doctor asked me not to take Restoralax but rather Senokot to keep regular (2 tablets every night or skip a day if loose). He mentioned that having too much water in bowels is not good for people who are prone to bowel obstructions. 
  • And Lacutulose was also on the list of No. 
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    Thank you @Keepcalmandbreath for the information.  I believe that the bottom line is that we are all individuals with unique cases.  I would recommend any one of us to follow the instructions your team/Oncologist has given you regarding bowel issues and treatment thereof.  Like a lot of things, there is no "one size fits all" approach due to our own uniqueness.  This is demonstrated in the information you were given vs what I and @Sandi6 were given in treatment of our own bowel issues. I, personally, am finding my own laxative routine that will help to keep my obstructions at bay along with my low residue diet until such time that I see a surgeon to determine if that is or is not a route for myself.  My own bowel routine can fluctuate day to day and week to week and I am learning how to navigate it with the help with my team.  Communication is key in all of our treatments and information is great that has been posted.  Keep on sharing ladies as it may help someone or prompt them to ask their team about a different approach.  
    Take care all.  <3
  • That’s great! We do what works! I had to add Senekot to my Restorolax routine twice daily in order to get things moving and now I’m consistent and feel so much better!

• @HorseGirl I just read your post about your experience. Thanks so much for sharing. I just finished my second chemotherapy treatment on Tuesday and still feel great while the steroid is in effect. I’m not sure what to expect tomorrow, but we seem to be able to find the deep, inner strength to endure 😓 I admire your efforts to maintain some movement and look forward to seeing you on your horse 🐎 again! Sending strength your way 😘 
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
    Options
    @Sandi6 How are you feeling this time around?  Yes, it is wonderful when the steroid can help pull you through some of the side effects.  Rest and recoup. Chat soon.
    @HorseGirl I will concur what @Sandi6 posted and, I, too, look forward to seeing you on your horse again! 
    Take care ladies. <3
  • Sandi6
    Options
    @Strongwoman Im feeling ok, although I think I picked up a cold while in the hospital last Tuesday, as I’m full of a cold and it’s gone into my lungs so I’m in bed resting. Now my husband has the cold as well, and I need him well. He’s my marvellous caregiver 😘 
  • HorseGirl
    Options
    @Sandi6 I did a lot resting in the early days of surgery and chemo treatments.  I started to develop a “relationship” with my heated blanket, I think!🥰 My hubby has been very supportive as well, although there have been times I’ve referred to him as “Nurse Ratchet”.  Lol