Severe pain after IP port placement

Hi there,

I have recovered well from my debunking surgery 3 1/2 weeks ago and was not too worried about the placement of an IP port to prepare for chemotherapy, as I expected it to be a minor procedure. But the pain after the placement, which happened three days ago, has been excruciating, almost worse than how I felt when I came home from the hospital after surgery. My oncologist had a look at it on Friday but thought it looked normal, although the skin is pretty bruised. After taking off the bandage today I noticed that the whole area is very swollen and tender. I am on strong pain medication and can manage but am pretty depressed as I thought I could enjoy the nice fall weather before chemotherapy starts. Has anyone experienced something similar? The procedure itself was also quite painful at times, the local pain management did not work too well. I wonder if the surgeon did something wrong.