Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Appetite

Options
Does anyone else out there have a similar problem to me of having somewhat of a healthier appetite than before treatment?  I was told by someone that this is ok and is probably due to the steroids I received during my chemo treatments this year?  I have had one recurrence and the first go around I did not have the same appetite.  This time I received more steroids so I am assuming it is true what I was told.  I am trying peppermint tea to try to curb it.  Any other ideas or issues out there?

Comments

• Hello @CurlyHair. No doubt the steroids are the culprit.  I was hospitalized with crohn's disease in 2012 as I had dropped to 110 pounds. Being in a critical state, I was placed on steroids and remained there for a few months. The steroids helped me with putting weight on ASAP.  
    I gained a bit with this last chemo treatment, but look healthy and exercise every day so I am fine with it. The steroids help so much with the nausea that a bit more weight is OK with me.