Welcome to OVdialogue, an online community where people with ovarian cancer can connect with one another for advice and encouragement. This site was developed so that you can share your experiences and insights, and learn from others who have been in your shoes.
OVdialogue is a public space. Posts are searchable online to enable others living with ovarian cancer to find and join the community. You can protect your privacy by selecting an alias as your username.
OVARIAN CANCER CANADA
OVdialogue is a resource from Ovarian Cancer Canada, the only national charity in Canada dedicated to overcoming this disease.
- Protect yourself and others: Remember that posts are public and can be found by search engines, this is to enable others looking for support to find OVdialogue online. Protect your privacy by selecting an alias as your username and reveal only what you feel comfortable sharing. Do not disclose your personal information or that of others.
- Medical advice: Sharing personal experiences is encouraged, but what works for one person may not work for another. For specific medical concerns, please speak to a qualified healthcare professional. Ovarian Cancer Canada does not endorse the suggestions found on OVdialogue.
- Respect others: Practice tolerance to ensure that OVdialogue is an inclusive environment. While you may not agree with everything you read, please voice your opinions politely. Do not use hateful language and avoid typing in ALL CAPS as this is perceived as yelling.
- Move discussions forward: Search before posting to see if there is a related discussion already underway. When contributing, stay on topic to advance the conversation and avoid repeating posts from other discussions.
- Tag other members: @ mentioning to tag members’ usernames in your posts is encouraged to bring people into a relevant discussion. However names of people or entities should not be used.
- Take ownership: Take responsibility for the quality of discussions you are involved in. Respect differences of opinion and consider how your contributions may impact others.
- Be yourself: Do not impersonate another person or entity, or misrepresent your affiliations.
- Content restrictions: Commercial postings, advertisements, solicitations, surveys, and unlawful content will be removed. To post copyrighted material, you must own the copyright. If you wish to quote content from elsewhere, be sure to acknowledge the original source.
- Report misuse: Help ensure that OVdialogue is safe and friendly for all its members. Each post has a ‘Flag’ button. If you see spam or inappropriate content, please press the ‘Flag’ button to report it to moderators.
Posts to OVdialogue show up right away. They are not screened before publication. To ensure the Community Guidelines are respected, all interactions are subject to moderation. This is led by Program staff at Ovarian Cancer Canada during business hours. In addition, OVdialogue relies on members to report inappropriate content.
If you see a post that is inappropriate, please report it immediately by pressing the ‘Flag’ button.
All information shared on OVdialogue, such as messages, images, advice, URLs, and any other material, is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you have regarding your health. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you read on the community.
If you have questions about OVdialogue, please email OVdialogue@ovariancanada.org or call 1 877 413-7970.