Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

2 yrs after chemo

I had my 2 yr after chemo/ surgery appt July 22nd.  I have been seeing my gyne/oncologist every 3 months due to the likelihood of recurrence.   I am happy to report I can now go to 6 months between appointments.   He has advised not to celebrate yet but all is going very well.  They are extremely happy with my outcomes so far.  Yay!!!

Comments

• That’s wonderful to hear!
  • Thank you @ dorisirene! So happy
  • @NovaScotiagirl
      That is such wonderful news and must feel a bit relieving in some ways.  Having longer in between appts will feel very good and freeing.
  • @Strongwoman,  thank you for your message. I am tentatively optimistic.   
  • Way to go @NovaScotiagirl.  Just stay positive, continue to keep your appointments and watch for signs of recurrence.  But don't let it overwhelm your life.  Get out and enjoy every single minute....but I know you're doing that already.

And thanks for sharing your news to the community.  Success stories, even tentative ones, help bring so much hope to so many.  <3
  • Thank you @Fearless - Vol Mod.  This community is so dear to me. The forums and discussion threads have helped me in my journey so much!  It's all about hope!  😊