Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Is anyone on weekly Avastin - or only every 2nd or 3rd treatment?

Options
Found out today my Avastin will be every 2 weeks, not weekly. Said this is the norm/standard of care.  Anyone on weekly Avastin? 

Comments

• Hi BellaDonna. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am currently receiving Avastin every three weeks but I am on a maintenance medication schedule as I have completed my first treatment plan and received news this week that I am NED (No Evidence of Disease). I wish you great success with your revised treatment plan. Stay strong friend.
  • Fearless_Moderator
    Options
    Hi @BellaDonna1959 So sorry you're having to continue to struggle with so much information.  It sure can be overwhelming at times.   My own treatment cycle consists of an infusion of Caelyx followed by an infusion of Avastin on Day 1 and then just an infusion of Avastin on Day 15 which is every two weeks.  The timing  of treatments can vary significantly and based on many factors like is the Avastin coupled with another drug, the purpose they're trying to achieve etc.