Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

eye infection

stello
edited May 2022 in Side Effects
hi everyone....my eyelid keeps getting red and swollen after my chemotherapy treatments....i put warm cloth with salt water on it but it keeps coming back....any other ideas on what to do.....thanks

Comments

• Hi @stello.  Sorry to hear about the eye issue.  It's not one that's come up often, if at all, in our discussions but you might want to type in "eye" into the search bar on the upper right of your screen to see if there is any relevant content.

That said, your first line to solve your problem is your cancer care team.  It's important that the problem is properly assessed.  Irritation, inflammation, infection etc. are all different as is their treatment...and the relationship to your chemo needs to be factored in.  If your oncology team has recommended warm cloths with salt and it isn't helping then reach back out to them for other options to consider.  

Our community will share their own stories if they have one that's relatable but keep in mind we all respond and react to treatment of any kind differently.  What might work well for one, might be problematic to another.  Please ensure before you try anything recommended or that you source outside of your own healthcare team that you vet it with your oncologist first.  

I do wish you luck resolving the problem.  
     <3