Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Nerve pain in the abdominal region

Options
I had surgery (nothing done) and am now on the first round of chemo.  My abdominal region is firing 24/7 with nerve pain - stinging electric shocks.  Is this Chemo working or surgery healing?  Can anything help it hurt less?  Thanks. 

Comments

• Fearless_Moderator
    Fearless_Moderator Moderator
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @BellaDonna1959 I'm so sorry to hear of the discomfort you're experiencing. I don't think this is anything any of us is qualified to diagnose though.  Please check in with your surgeon or oncologist asap, and if the pain is unbearable go to your nearest emergency centre given it's a holiday weekend.  I do hope you find some answers, and more so some relief quickly. 

A PS though.  I had some unsuccessful surgery to fix a hernia back a two years ago. They went in using the laparoscopy procedure, found they couldn't get at what they had intended, and closed up the three incisions after poking around and taking pictures while in there.  The healing process and related discomfort for that, for me, was far worse than when I had the full debulking surgery five years earlier.