Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Tumor

msf72
edited January 2022 in Treatment
Hello Ladies, I am back asking if some of you had experience related to a recurrence on clear cell carcinoma? after an unsuccesful chemo treatment and radiation (SBRT) 6 months after finished treatment the CT scan showed that my tutor is growing back, the tumor is located in a dangerous spot so it can't be removed by surgery.
Now, I'll be send back to the gynecologist oncologist team here in Calgary. Thank you and let's keep swimming!!!! :)

Comments

• @msf72 I'm so sorry to hear of your recurrence. I'm on my fourth and the fears and insecurity don't get any better, although find I'm calmer about it now.  

Unfortunately your type of OVC is one of the rarer forms and we haven't had a lot of membership or discussion to draw from. Hopefully there will be someone in our community that can provide some insights.  Do use the search button on the top right of your screen to type in the key words 'clear cell' in hopes there may be some archived discussions that might be helpful.  And go to the OCC website and puruse the stories and videos.  There may also be something there. And finally, check out OCC's booklet, Still By Your Side....the follow up to By Your Side. It's aimed at recurrence and may provide some helpful information. 

Hopefully your oncology team will have options to deal with the recurrence. I'm always amazed that each time I've encountered a barrier, my oncologist has some new solution to try. So many new treatments and drugs and research and trials this past few years have really extended our options and ability to move past these blips in the road.

Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your progress or reach out if there are also other ways we might be able to support you.  
     <3 
  • @Fearless thank you very much! 🌷