Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

venting

Options
I need a badge that says something like "The weak, old person sitting in front of you WAS/ IS a young active,virtual part of society, pre cancer!  People and some health professionals assume that this is who i've alway been. After having major surgery with complications a very nice doctor asked if I used a wheelchair or walker at home. This as absolutely devastating. Six months earlier I had rode my bike over 100km each week, swam 2km once a week, hiked, snowshoed, looked after 1 year old grandkids 10-12 hours a day, twice a week and managed to paint one full day a week.   This sure makes me look at people differently, least I forget  

Comments