Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Permanent makeup

Options
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. I had a hysterectomy and bilateral BSO. Woke up with an IP port following surgery and initial pathology showed high grade Fallopian tube cancer. I am waiting for final pathology and conduit next week. In the mean time I am planning ahead for treatment. I was thinking of doing permanent eyebrows prior to treatment as I have naturally dark eyebrows and think this would bother me even more than hair loss. Wondering if anyone had any information about this.

Comments

• Annie1950
    Annie1950 Peer Support Vol
    Options
    @Siga I sure do!  I had the most amazing 'artiste' microblade my eyebrows.  It was so good that when I woke up in ICU I had two nurses a foot or so away staring at them and wondering where I got them done.  It was a lovely change from talking about the elephant in the room.  They've faded somewhat now but no matter since my eyebrows have grown back in.  Do anything you can to make you feel good during this trying time:)

If you live in the GTA I'll send through the name of the 'artiste':)
  • Siga
    Options
    Hi Annie, I am in the GTA and would love a contact. Do you know how early before starting treatment does this need to be done. I’m not sure if I should wait for my oncology appointment or get it done ASAP! 
  • Fearless_Moderator
    Options
    Hi @Siga Welcome to our community. So glad you found us.  Wow,  wish I'd thought of that before my treatment and surgery began. What a great idea.  On timing, I'd suggest you you check in with your cancer care team/oncologist. Once chemo (assuming that's what lies ahead next) begins your immunity levels decrease and the potential for infection increases dramatically.  Let them guide you with optimal timing to have this done.  I often check in with my oncologist or primary care nurse when I have questions like that in between formal appointments. Usually get an answer back same day. 

Take care and do post a picture for us once you've had the new brows.  I, and I'm sure others, would love to see the after look. 
    Fearless 
  • Annie1950
    Annie1950 Peer Support Vol
    Options
    I'm sending through the info via your email box at the top right of the screen.
  • Siga
    Options
    Annie1950 said:
    I'm sending through the info via your email box at the top right of the screen.
    Thank you! 🙏🏻