Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Newbie here

Options

Comments

• midcanada
    Options
    Welcome angelinajohn9182.
    There is a wealth of information here and I hope you can add to it.
  • Welcome
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    hello @angelinajohn9182 - welcome to the chat forum!
  • Hi just joined this morning. I was diagnosed in March with a large cyst. Had surgery in April. Result of the surgery was they found a small spot of cancer. When the staging came back in May I was diagnosed with Stage 1A Grade 3. At first my doctor said no treatments needed. I was so relieved. Then in June he called to say my case went before a panel and they are now recommending chemo. 3-6 treatments as precautionary and preventative treatment. I did 3. I didn’t handle the chemo well. I was terribly constipated and ended up going to the hospital for enemas. Nothing touched it and I tried everything from prunes to Senekot to suppositories. The doc wanted me to do 4 rounds but after discussion I decided to stop after 3. Hope I made the right decision. Now I’m trying to get back to “normal” as if anyone can ever be normal again after a cancer diagnosis. Is anyone trying any natural treatments to gain back strength and to boost immune system?
  • Hi @angelinajohn9182 and @farmcity5!  Welcome to OVdialogue!

If you want to read other peoples' stories, you can find them in the following discussion:
    https://ovdialogue.ovariancanada.org/en/discussion/27/lets-get-started-come-and-introduce-yourself#latest

@farmcity5, you might want to check out the discussion called "Bowel Troubles".  Here is the link:
    https://ovdialogue.ovariancanada.org/en/discussion/59/bowel-troubles#latest

If there is someone specific you would like to connect with, if you use the "@" in front of their name, they will receive a notification of your post/question.  You can also private message someone by clicking on their name.  This will take you to a different page and you will see a box that says message.  If you click on that, your message is sent privately.  

• Welcome ladies! Marilyn is absolutely right - this is the right place to be!