Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Mucinous Ovarian cancer

Options
Hi! I am new to the group and was diagnosed a year ago with mucinous ovarian cancer. It has now metastasized to my lungs. I am looking for someone familiar with mucinous ovarian cancer. My first round of chemo was the usual platinum based therapy but now moving on to Caelyx  and Astivan.

Comments

• Fearless_Moderator
    Options
    Welcome @glenda.  Let's hope we can connect you with others who have or had the same diagnosis.  In the meantime, reach out to our community any time, for any help.  Since, we've already chatted privately I won't repeat myself but one thing I didn't think to mention is to ensure your oncology team in the Ottawa cancer center knows you're interested in clinical trials.  I'm not sure if there is any focus on research related to mucinous given how rare it is but you never know.  And if you want to learn more about clinical trials, here is the link to a video of the first in speaker series that Ovarian Cancer Canada is running this year, topic: Demystifying Clinical Trials.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmp-Cz4gjR0&feature=youtu.be
  • glenda
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I will make sure to let them know that I am very interested in clinical trials.
  • Hi Glenda, 
    I was diagnosed with a Borderline Mucinous Cystadenoma in 2016. I know it’s not nearly the same experience you are having right now but I thought I would sign up to this group so I could at least let you know that some else has had a similar tumour. I do know it can be helpful to not feel like an island when going through something traumatic.  
  • glenda
    Options
    Imsland....thank you for your reply. I hope your result has been positive.  My cancer metastasized less than 6 months after chemo treatment.  Now lung and liver metastases. Starting new chemo regimen this Friday. Folfox.
  • Fearless_Moderator
    Options
    @glenda keeping my fingers crossed that the new treatment is successful. Please keep us posted  and do reach out any time you feel a need to share or ask for support. We're all rooting for you!
     <3 

• ErinB
    Options
    Hi @glenda - another mucinous friend here reaching out and checking in. How are you doing? xxx