Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

The Every Woman Study: Canadian Edition (Now Closed...thanks all for participating)

MarilynOCC Moderator
edited November 2020 in Events

At Ovarian Cancer Canada, we strive to ensure that women with ovarian cancer have access to the best care, the best chances of survival, and the best quality of life. On September 28, Ovarian Cancer Canada launched The Every Woman Study: Canadian Edition, a national online survey, and our goal is to have every woman who has been diagnosed with the disease participate to advocate for much-needed change in this country.

In 2018, the World Ovarian Cancer Coalition launched the global version of this study to help highlight the challenges facing women with ovarian cancer and identify opportunities to make progress. This Canadian-specific study will dig deeper into the Canadian health care context and learn how people with ovarian cancer in this country experience access to care and treatment.

The online survey asks over 100 questions and will take approximately 60 minutes to complete. Questions focus on topics relating to an ovarian cancer diagnosis such as:

·     Awareness about ovarian cancer and its symptoms prior to diagnosis

·       Experience with the health care system leading up to diagnosis

·       Financial and geographic access to needed treatments

·       Access to and attitudes towards new treatments and clinical trials

·       Ability to cope with emotional, practical and financial challenges and insights regarding which support resources were most helpful

Here is the link to the survey.  ovariancanada.org/everywoman

Please share this with other women you know who have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

If you have any questions, please contact Cailey Crawford, Vice President, Programs and Policy, Ovarian Cancer Canada, at ccrawford@ovariancanada.org.

In Hope,

Ovarian Cancer Canada

Comments

• Did it!! It's really important, ladies. Thanks for doing this. xx
  • Jackie
    Jackie Peer Support Vol
    I’ve already completed this important online survey. I strongly encourage all women in Canada with an ovarian cancer diagnosis to do the same. This is your opportunity to be heard and to have an influence on research, treatments and health policies.
  • I've also done  the survey. Unless we speak up, we will never be heard.
  • Survey done! 
  • Attention, Attention, Attention:

A big reminder to complete the survey if you haven't already. It really doesn't take that long and the information you provide is critical to highlighting the challenges facing women with ovarian cancer and identifying opportunities where progress can be made.  

So if you haven't yet completed the survey I urge you to set aside some time and get it done....today would be super duper!  

You can access the site by clicking on: http://noca.convio.net/site/R?i=9tV2f4rbwpNSGi-GkaTkrQ&_ga=2.210532117.1676115683.1602695712-81262107.1582745669

On behalf of all of our Teal Sisters....thank you!
  • done and done.  Forwarded it to others as well.
  • @KarenBemi thank you for completing the survey and for connecting others to it as well.  

For those who still haven't completed it, there is still time.  The survey does close though on November 6 so the clock is ticking to get your voice heard.  
  • Hello ladies. Just wanted to let you that I am having chemo today so I won't be able to join our session,but I hope everyone is doing well and you all have a great weekend!
  • @Fearless - Vol Mod I also completed the survey.
  • Good Luck @Rad.  I hope it goes well for you today.
  • @Rad We'll miss you today but wish you well in your chemo session. Let us know how it goes. And thank you for completing the survey. It's so important to get each of our voices heard.  Good luck....hopefully you can join us next week. 
  • Fearless_Moderator
    Fearless_Moderator Moderator
    edited November 2020
    SURVEY DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY NOVEMBER 8.  We are so close to 600 responses they've extended the deadline in hopes of making that milestone. If you haven't yet completed it, please please do so.
    http://noca.convio.net/site/R?i=9tV2f4rbwpNSGi-GkaTkrQ&_ga=2.224100123.1255861067.1604843530-81262107.1582745669
  • A record 624 responses, and still counting from the weekend extension. What a great success and thanks to everyone who took the time to participate.  It's  your collective voice that will drive the research and advocacy to help shape much needed change in treatment and support enabling us to live longer and better lives.  
  • We are all thrilled with the response and even more inspired by how these important information will help inform our State of the Nation work on cancer care across the country - thank you everyone who contributed!
This discussion has been closed.