Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

School age children, chemo & Covid-19

Options
I am currently getting chemotherapy and because of the risk of Covid transmission in schools we opted for virtual school. In Quebec this option is provided with a medical exemption for either the child or someone in the household. We start virtual kindergarten next week (finally) and the schedule seems quite intense (9-11:30 am every day). I’m hoping I can supervise school when I feel strong between chemo cycles, so that my husband can work. We have no other support right now. It feels like a lot to manage. Are any of you in the same boat? I’d love to connect and share ideas for making virtual school a hit. 

Comments

• @nadiaC - no I'm not in the same boat regarding virtual school, but applaud you for taking on this new system while undergoing chemo. Fortunately it's only for two hours each day. I know I had to nap during chemo, usually in the afternoon, but when I hit a wall, it didn't matter what time of day it was. Keeping my fingers crossed for a successful adventure. Please let us know how you are doing.
  • nadiaC
    Options
    Thanks @kastoyles! I had chemo 4 on Wednesday and am still recovering. Mornings are ok but the afternoons are tough. Like you, I need to lie down in the afternoon. I’m hoping I can muster up some energy to help with my son’s school. It almost feels like too much to handle, but I’m trying to take things one day at a time. Hope you are well! 
  • @nadiaC - yes, keeping well. Had a little setback with overdoing things and a wee bit stressed out getting parent's home ready for sale, but we're heading into the home stretch - the deal closes on Oct 6. Other than that, dealing with the same COVID issues that the rest of the world is. Yup...take things one day at a time. Listen to your body. You have two more chemo treatments left? You get a gold star when you are done!
  • nadiaC
    Options
    Sounds like you’ve been busy @kastoyles...selling a house is a lot of work. Good luck with the closing. Yes, I have 2 more treatments. Not sure what to expect once they are done. Waiting to cross that bridge in November :)
  • @nadiaC you'll make it!