Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

2020 Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope: The Virtual Edition

The health and safety of our community is of utmost importance to us. While we continue to monitor Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, we are pleased to announce that the 2020 Walk of Hope will go on, and it will be virtual. 

The Walk will certainly look different this year, but the community is focused on achieving our goal to raise much needed funds to further progress against this disease. Walk your way and Walk for her. Invite all your friends because the 2020 Walk has no boundaries, it’s virtual!    

Register today at www.ovariancancerwalkofhope.ca 

Here are some tips to organize your virtual event!

The Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope is the largest and most powerful event of its kind in the country. It is the only walk in Canada to direct all attention and fundraising towards helping women with ovarian cancer and all women at risk of the disease live fuller, better, longer lives.  

Are you planning to get involved this year?

What has participation in the Walk of Hope meant to you in previous years?

We would love to hear from you!

Comments

• I am excited to see all the creative ways teams and individuals will participate this year... (take lots of photos everyone) there is also lots of time now to plan and the virtual walk is all up to you on how / what you want it to look like. 
    Inspiration is all around...like that Captain Tom Moore https://globalnews.ca/news/6832029/captain-tom-moore-coronavirus-donation/

Do you have walk plans in the works?

Although I will really miss the meet up hugs in person with my team and the fellow support groups and organizers, this is the safest way for us to keep it going during these challenging times. 

• I am excited about a virtual walk this year across Canada since we may have far reaching support and awareness where geographical limitations have maybe been a barrier for Canadians . I as well look forward to how creativity will  show up in the teams and like others will miss being face to face and hug to hug however am so thrilled we are going forward in a new way !
  • I need to put on my thinking hat. Maybe a walk in a sunflower maze! 
  • A walk in a sunflower maze sounds great!  I will be walking with my team in my home town of Shellbrook, SK.  Excited for our team to walk through the streets raising fund and awareness!  Trying to think of creative costumes to wear
  • I made sunflower tutus once. And shirts for my team Margaret’s minions
  • Very creative - love the sunflowers  
  • I love it!  They look fabulous and I love the bright yellow!

• I am going to be hosting a virtual 'wine night' for my fundraiser.   I have found that people are very willing to donate, especially if they have the possibility of winning a bottle or 2 of wine!  
  • We are about 1 month away from the 2020 Virtual Walk of Hope! This year will be different, yet unique.
    I'm hoping the weather will cooperate as well.

For those of you new to the walk, did you know It is FREE for survivors and you don't need to be part of a team.
    Reminder to register here: https://secure2.convio.net/noca/site/SPageServer/?pagename=WalkofHope_register_search&_ga=2.17224510.605254762.1597170953-644072377.1519495328
  • Congratulations to OCC and all the women who registered. The event was a great success and I must admit I really quite liked the virtual format. It really enabled me to feel I was walking (in spirit), not just for those I know but for all of Canada. 
  • Did my first Walk of Hope with a teal sister and new friend. It was a beautiful walk that left
    me feeling stronger. Congratulations OCC for putting together a wonderful event.
  • I agree - the event was very special and personal this year - although I really missed those hugs and smiles from the team/volunteers/groups.
    My friends and neighbors organized a " walk around the block " last minute on Sunday - so nice of them and I even managed to bundle up and sit on a chair to cheer them on for a bit!