Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Walk of Hope - Annual Nationwide Event

Hello Everyone - Please join the Walk of Hope event in your area this weekend! It is a fantastic opportunity to connect with a local support group and meet others impacted by ovarian cancer. There are sure to be many hugs and high 5's to those in the Teal T-Shirts! Don't worry if you are not part of a team, everyone is welcome and no one is ever alone there! This can be the space to share your walk day experience and photos. Wishing you all a fantastic day. Thank you to our sponsors and supporters.

Comments

• I'm so excited for my first "Walk" tomorrow.  I have a fantastic support group that are also my co-workers.  I'm so blessed to have these people encouraging me and coming with me tomorrow.  I would say the majority of my fundraising money came from co-workers.  I am also excited to meet other women like me, who had or have ovarian cancer.  They know what I went through.  We have a connection because of our diagnosis.  See everyone tomorrow.  
  • Fantastic photos everyone - it was a wonderful emotional inspiring day!
  • Great news and a fantastic effort by Vivian & team: Viv's Ovary Achievers raise $23,740.00 for the #Walk of Hope!
  •  Did my 5th Walk of Hope this year. Always amazing... Barrie On. Team Sully's Striders
  • Jackie
    Jackie Peer Support Vol

The walk in Calgary is held in North Glenmore Park, which is very close to where I live. I walked for the fifth time this year and I’m extremely proud to be one of the teal shirted survivors. Here’s a photograph of me with my mom at the 2017 Walk of Hope, my brother was also a member of my team Road to Remission.

• @irishsurvivor - it almost worked out that I was going to be at your walk instead of my local walk this year, maybe next year... my family all lives out in the Oro/Medonte area :smiley:
  • jemgirljeri
    edited September 2017
    I just want to give an extra shout out and round or applause To whomever designed the survivor shirts. I love mine so much and will wear it with pride beyond the Walk day! 
  • Just joined this forum. I had an incredible amount of support from my friends and family. My team was over 50+ participants raising $34,467.00 for OCC. The event location and organization was wonderful. Everyone that I have had interaction with at OCC are all wonderful.Thought I would share a picture of my team,
  • Yes, so fantastic - thanks for sharing @Vivig
  • hi @Vivig , nice to see you here! Love your team photo.