Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Any teal sisters in Montreal?

I’m newly diagnosed and based on Montreal. Looking to connect with teal sisters in this area. Maybe we meet in a park with masks on and share stories. Or do the Walk of Hope together...

Comments

• Hello again @nadiaC - have you been able to connect yet with any in-person support groups?
    Hoping you can find the contacts from your cancer treatment centre or connect with:

Ovarian Cancer Canada
    Esteban Bongiovanni, Regional Director
    1111 Dr. Frederik-Philips boul., Suite 600
    Saint-Laurent (Quebec) H4M 2X6

Toll free: 1-877-413-7970 Ext. 331
    Tel.: 514-369-2972 Ext. 331
    Fax: 514-940-0158

• nadiaC
    nadiaC Legacy
    Thanks @Flowergirl! I joined a Zoom support group in Montreal through Hope And Cope which was great. Thanks for the contact info for the regional OCC rep. Maybe they can connect me with more teal sisters in Montreal 
  • Exactly... 

Great - and more info here below, if you don't have it already:

Montreal

JGH Hope & Cope Wellness Centre/Lou’s House
    hopeandcope.caocc.ExternalLink, 514-340-8222 (call Rifka at ext. 4854)
    English Support Group exclusively for women diagnosed with ovarian, fallopian or peritoneal cancer.

Montreal West Island
    West Island Cancer Wellness Center (WICWC)
    wicwc.orgocc.ExternalLink514-695-9355 
    The Ovarian Support Circle, support group for women diagnosed with ovarian, fallopian or peritoneal cancer.