Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Webinar - The Power and Practice of Hope

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
June 24, 2020 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Register in advance:
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_yOidlkttR7qbutGNHT1yDQ

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Webinar Speakers
Christa Slatnik, Nurse Practitioner @Gynecologic Oncology, CancerCare Manitoba
Christa Slatnik joined CancerCare Manitoba in 2012 as a Nurse Practitioner in Gynecologic Oncology after 11 years of experience working with high-risk pregnancies. Christa has been highly involved with ensuring a hopeful community by creating a WRS5 Interdisciplinary Hope Team, participating in the HSC Hope Task Force; and facilitating at biannual Hope Workshops. Christa has also been highly involved in the community as a dedicated volunteer with Ovarian Cancer Canada for over 14 years. She received Ovarian Cancer Canada’s Peggy Truscott Award of Hope in 2013 and the Future Leaders of Manitoba Award in January of 2015, acknowledging her outstanding service in the community. Christa is passionate about helping patients foster hope as they transition in all aspects of their cancer journey.  Christa holds a Masters degree in Nursing as well as the designation of Nurse Practitioner.

Stephanie Gosselin, Regional Director, Saskatchewan and Manitoba @Ovarian Cancer Canada
Stephanie is the moderator for this event.

Register here:

If you have any questions that you would like to ask the speaker, you can post them here.

Comments

• I am excited for you all to listen to this webinar!  I have had the pleasure of seeing it live and it is fantastic.  Let me know if you have any questions or would like any more information.  Hope to see you next Wednesday, June 24
  • @StephOCC thank you for the info for this webinar...I'm going to share the info with my OVC support group..
  • Hello Stephanie,

I am not able to attend tomorrow however very interested in the topic- will the webinar be available to watch after initial presentation . Thank you Walkabout
  • Hi @walkabout - yes, the webinar is being recorded and may be posted on the OCC site at a future date, so be sure to check back often and perhaps @MarilynOCC can keep us up to date.

You can always view past webinars here: https://ovariancanada.org/Living-with-Ovarian-Cancer/Webinar-Series
    Reminder to scroll to the bottom of that page to view the past recordings
  • I attended this conference this morning! It was awesome! Please watch!
  • I listened to this webinar The Power and Practice of Hope  today and it was excellent.   It was being recorded so should be available to those who missed it...at least that was my understanding.  I think the most important thing that I learned was about the healing powers and importance of Hope.  
  • CountryLiving
    CountryLiving Peer Support Vol
    Listened to the webinar about Hope. Thank you for the presentation. I look forward to seeing more.
  • Just a reminder that our webinar on The Power and Practice of Hope, is tomorrow, Wednesday, June 24th.  You can still register for it by clicking the link below.

Register here:

I hope to see some of you tomorrow, 12:00pm EST

• Just a reminder that our webinar on The Power and Practice of Hope, is tomorrow, Wednesday, June 24th.  You can still register for it by clicking the link below.

Register here:

I hope to see some of you tomorrow, 12:00pm EST

• Hello everyone - if you missed it or would like to view again,  the recording is now up...
    Here is the link https://ovariancanada.org/Living-with-Ovarian-Cancer/Webinar-Series