Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

In Memoriam

Comments

• Hello Everyone,

I thought we could use this space to honor and remember the women who are not longer here with us.
    Perhaps it is a family member or friend that has passed away (from this disease or other issue).
    As always, share what you are comfortable with.

On that note - today's post is dedicated to 4 women. 
    A woman I'll call D. and Heather - I only met them a few times at our in person support group. As well as a couple of friend's mothers, Dorothy and Lorraine.

Often, you meet people for only a brief time and somehow, it feels like you have known them longer. They are missed.
  • A friend of mine who is a cancer survivor herself, just lost her mom to this terrible disease. MB may you rest in peace ❤️
  • Hi @terrylee.  Thinking of you and your friend.
  • My dear Survivor Sister @MonarchButterfly died rather suddenly of advanced OvCa 2 weeks ago.  She was my friend, my mentor, my encourager and survivor sister. 
    She loved the Lord, her family, music, butterflies and hydrangeas. She loved to dance, to laugh, and was writing a song about her journey when she died. 
    @MonarchButterfly never gave up living, asking questions, researching or advocating. She was a treasured friend and role model. Rest In Peace. 
  • Hi @UnPickNot - so sorry to hear about @MonarchButterfly - sorry for your loss and thank you for letting us know
    we had been private messaging a few times. Interesting she was writing a song and good to hear that she kept on living - great wisdom and inspiration there. 
  • My best friend,the baby of the family,my only daughter.Lost her fight with Ovarian Cancer,Age 32,May 2nd,2017 :'(
  • Hello @MissBarb - sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing the beautiful photo and cake.
    Curious if there a dream or project that you are creating in her memory - if you wish to share?
  • As we say so long to September, sad to also say goodbye to a dear friend Miss A, who died of this disease earlier this month. I will miss her spunky spirit and yes, @MissBarb I too, plan on a dream project in memory of her and others.
  • Im sorry for your loss.It is not easy.I set up a page called Shannon's Dream Team.We are working hard to help other's who have cancer.We donated a beautiful bench to the cancer clinic that our daughter had her chemo.We couldn't have done this without the support we got from friends and family.We told Shannon all the time,Your Fight Is Our Fight.so we had that done on the bench to show everyone who walks in that there is hope and that these dr.s and nurses are also fighting for them.Once again im so sorry for your loss.
  • Shannon's Bench that welcome's cancer patients at our hospital.
  • Thank you @MissBarb !
    That is a lovely bench and a wonderful project of peace and hope - I so appreciate you sharing.
  • Today's Teal Tuesday chat  is dedicated to my dear friend Miss J. who died last week of this disease.
    I loved her "You Bet!" spirit and when I spend time in the garden I think of her as it was her peaceful place she liked to be.
  • On Sunday we lost a good friend and a warrior.  Amy was my Teal Sister in our Ovation Circle support group and her loss will be felt by our entire community.  I will always cherish the little time we spent together; her quiet humour, her honesty, and that feisty attitude.  Amy was far too young to be taken from us all from this senseless disease.  May she rest in peace and in all of our hearts forever.
    MIss you gal. o:) 
  • So sorry to hear @Fearless My thoughts are with you and her family at this time.
  • Oh @Fearaless, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  Moreso that it was a result of this insidious disease; it's so sad.  All my best wishes to you and to Amy's family.  May she always be with you  <3
  • Hello @Fearless - Thank you for sharing about Amy; I hope you have some special memories to comfort you.
  • Jackie
    Jackie Peer Support Vol
    Hello @Fearless I'm sorry for your loss. I'm always sad to hear the news whenever this terrible disease takes another member of our ovarian cancer community.