Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

I NEED REASSURANCE

Options
Greetings to all you beautiful and strong women,
I write to you as a child who is worried about her mother who has been recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer last week. I have been doing numerous research without looking too far at what to expect from this cancer, as well as how to cope with it. On this OVdialogue, I am looking for testimonies of , or suggestions related to your experience with the diagnosis , the treatment (chemo) , etc. 

Hopefully for my mother, she is already beginning her chemo this Friday, a week later after her initial diagnos. However, she has recently developed an nodule under her left boob that has been making her cough from time to time.. the cough is not sever, however I am afraid it can lead to an metastasis...The tumor found in her ovaries is 15 cm long 7 cm large....

I tHank you so much for your time

Comments

• Sorry to hear that your mom has been diagnosed of having ovarian cancer. I found out i had the same problem as your mom dated back in March. I just started my chemo two weeks ago. I received the electronic copy By Your Side which is very helpful to start with.  I pray for those I met and I know in different settings. You and your mom will be remembered.                
  • @lavender
     thank you for your words <3 I send you a lot of energy and positive thoughts on your side <3 Hopefully, my mom starts tomorrow so we will know soon if the treatment is effective or not... :) Feedl free to contact me if you ever. need someone to chat with !
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    Hello @beaaaxz... sorry you and your mom are dealing with this disease. Yes, there is lots of support and comments on this site. If you click on the categories to the right, you will be able to view previous posts.
    Many women have shared their introductions and conditions/treatments there.
    You may also find some helpful information on the main webpage
    https://ovariancanada.org/ 
  • lavender
    Options
    Hi Beaaaxz, 
    Thank you for sending your positive energy and thoughts and your kind offer to chat with me. Hope your mom’s first chemo went well that she would settle with minimum side effect. I am surprised I have had little side effect. I believe the complimentary herbal treatment has helped so as many prayers behind. My hair started to thin after two weeks. Your mom might experience it too. 
    Blessings! 
  • Hello @beaaaxz- so glad you found this site and reached out - As a Mom who was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer April 1999 , I knew intuitively my daughter/son needed reassurance - a place to speak- ask questions since the experience is so different for the children / friends as compared to the person diagnosed- hopefully your Mom is doing well after her first chemo - did she order By Your side yet- the link is on line - I am not sure however there may be a " family chapter " - there is lots of support here - please post your questions and they will be read and our experience will be offered- hugs to you both