Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Teal Tuesdays - Live Online Chat! (Discontinued indefinitely)

Comments

• Good evening everyone - Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah !
  • Hello everyone - good evening on the last day of 2019. I wish you all the very best possible for today and for 2020.
    With love and hope for all - cheers from @Flowergirl
  • Hello everyone - good evening on the last day of 2019.
    I wish you all the very best possible for today, and for 2020 - hope you are comfortable as can be.
    With love and hope for all - cheers from @Flowergirl
  • Hello Everyone - Happy New Year... I'm a bit behind schedule this week - getting over the last of the celebrations.
    Looking forward to routine again and new things - trying to channel all the positive vibes... how is everyone doing so far a few days in to 2020?

• Hello everyone - as the cold and snow has now settled in across the country - hoping you are all doing well and managing to stay warm.

If you are around this evening at 7:00 PM CST  - pop into the site to say hello and connect with us!
  • Hello all, am kors fish from Minnesota... Do I have friends around?
  • Hello everyone
    Welcome @korsfish.... do you have a story to share or are you in need of some information?
  • CountryLiving
    CountryLiving Peer Support Vol
    Good evening. Is there where the live online chat takes place?

• hello @CountryLiving - yes welcome we try to meet here at 7:00 PM CST
    How are you doing?
  • CountryLiving
    ok..
    day 5 of chemo schedule 2... lots of leg pain but having drugs to help
  • CountryLiving
    found out i am allergic to a molecule in taxil

• hi - oh, I feel for you - day 4 / 5 seems to be the worst of the side effects for everyone
    Do you have other coping techniques for the leg pain - yes, the drugs can work wonders - I find hot showers help to relax!
    Sorry to hear about the allergy - have they resolved that for you?

• CountryLiving
    no just give me more steriods when infusioning

• hoping that will do the trick for the next round.....
  • were you able to resolve that eye burning issue?

• CountryLiving

• CountryLiving
    is there anyone else online

• sometimes, people may just view and not log in - you can always send  a private message to users by clicking on their user name
  • I'm looking forward to some of the new webinars - you can watch for announcements from OCC and you can also view past ones on the main OCC site
  • I hope you have a good evening and get past that day 4/5 issues
  • I hope you have a good evening and get past that day 4/5 issues
  • @Camsmom @LISA @jobo @beachgirl @turtles2 @danidelbiondo
    Checking in to see how you are managing - hope this message finds you as comfortable as can be
  • I'm doing as well as can be expected.Thank you. The burning eye could be a serious issue if left unattended. In my case it was irisitis requiring prescription eye drops. It's very late for me here in Ontario. I wish everyone well and bid you all a goodnight.
  • thanks for stopping in - good to hear from you - have a good sleep!
  • Good evening - sending warm wishes to all during this cold February evening.

If you are in view only mode or are new to the chat site - welcome !
    You can create a unique, non-identifying user name to comment or message users
    once logged in, you can also direct message others and those comments won't show on the public site if that is a concern for you.
  • Hello everyone - hope this post finds you all doing ok this week.

I need to be in 3 places at once tonight so I'll be popping back into the site later; I found a few interesting articles I'll post the links to.

• Good evening to all, and those in listen only mode today!
    We have had some beautiful weather and I'm looking forward to spring - although I don't like that clock change coming up!
    No matter where you are, or what you are dealing with at this time - I hope you have been able to find a sliver or two of joy....mine was to go for an outdoor skate today!
  • Hello everyone - well, challenging and uncertain times all around.
    I hope you are all coping as well as can be given this new and ever evolving situation.  

How are you managing your concerns? This is the place for connecting with and supporting  each other as best we can and please know that you are not alone. Do you have any coping techniques to share?
  • Keep a lookout over the next week for new upcoming posts on how to connect, support and share as we navigate this difficult time dealing with COVID-19.

Please continue to reach out and support your family & community safely by phone, text, email or social media

Use reliable sources such as: 
    https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
    and the provincial health authority for your province
  • Good evening - how is everyone managing as we move forward this month of March?
    @Tinazzie @beachgirl @Joanne @Linda @vanlyzz