Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Ovarian2019

Hi, I:m new to the site....total hysterectomy Feb. 26, 2019.....stage 3c....I:m 63....in good health....this came as a shock to me....Sept. Oct. and Nov. had all my tests
done....physical with Pap...blood work came in good....colonoscopy...was good....bone density....good.....mammogram....good....I was feeling good.....Dec. 6th, 2018
I felt a pain on left side of my tummy.....went to Doctor.....she sent me for blood work....ultrasound....Doctor....said it might be gas.....after Christmas....I went back to 
Doctor....I said we need to do another test.....because I got the pain again.....Doctor sent me for Cat Scan.....end of Jan. 2019.....called me in ….to tell me she sent referral
to Sunny Brook....Odette Cancer Centre.....talk about a shock to the system.....had my surgery....Dr. Osbourne recommended 6 sessions of chemo.....my first  round
code blue was called twice.....severally allergic to taxol…….spent the rest of the day in emergency......after 3 weeks....Dr Osbourne recommended I continue with the
Carbon only.....which I had April 25th....thank God.....I got through it …..I just pray that this drug alone will work to rid this terrible cancer.....if anyone is also only having 
Carbon and has had good results ….please share.....Im so nerveous with these drugs.....Ive read all the side affects and fear them so much.

Comments

• Hello @Ovarian2019... so sorry to hear you are dealing with these issues and all that time with allergy and emergencies. Welcome to the site and please know we are here to support you; you'll find lots of coping techniques and information from previous posts. You can use the search bar at the top right to assist. 
  • Hoping you are doing ok today @Ovarian2019... has your DR team been able to address the side effects issues with you? 
  • @Ovarian2019 my diagnosis is very similar to you; I was in great physical, mental health; always had check ups etc.  This was a total shock to me as well.  I just don't understand why there isn't testing to detect Ovarian Cancer earlier.......75% of the cases are diagnosed at Stage 3 or 4.........sad.  I'm so sad to hear that you are having allergic reactions to the drugs.  i hope this gets sorted out for you.

• Had my had my second chemo....last week....I pray that it doesn’t spread... that’s my fear.