Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Teal Tuesdays - Live Online Chat! (Discontinued indefinitely)

Comments

• Sounds like a great idea - thanks 😀
  • Great group tonight ladies - hello @UnPickNot
  • Hello @battleoflife12018 - hope you are doing well!
  • Good night everyone - finishing some baking in the oven!
    Meet you around the site and  back here next Tuesday!
  • Hi ladies - nice chatting tonight.   Have to say goodnight, and wishing you all well and have a great week ☀️🦋
  • Hello Flowergirl
    You are such a kind and supportive person, thank you for reaching out to all of us!
    Thanks for your thoughtful inquiry. 
    I am happy to report that I am well. I had my ostomy reversed in November, I feel great, gaining weight, I have energy to resume my active lifestyle. Had my check up at Sunny Brook March 6th, no concerns. 
    Dr Covens does not do scans or bloodwork (CA 125)as part of his follow-up, he just did a pelvic exam. He says there is no difference in outcomes if you do screening for early detection or just follow-up S&S. Elevated CA 125 creates stress and anxiety. If you feel well let it be! Interesting eh? What do you think of that?
    Keep up the great support!
    Yours in kicking Cancer Butt
    Sharon
  • Dear @Flowergirl and @Linda, and others,
    thanks for your warm messages.  Glad to hear that several teal sisters  are feeling stable in their OcCa. My own situation is evolving quickly - I was readmitted to hospital x emergency for 2 days for ++ascites last week, will have a permanent drain by next week. One sees these things - colostomies and drains and whatever else is offerred - as a means to greater comfort at home. But each one is physical and mental hurdle in a time-bound “home stretch”. We (husband and family) are doing the very best we can in all of this, with good home care and support from family & friends. Will try to keep in touch, sending best wishes.
  • yes, @battleoflife12018 - it takes a long time to wrap your mind around the followups and anxiety regarding the recurrence worries. Glad to hear of your outcome ... Wishing you all the best and hoping you have found ways to cope.
  • Hi @jsullivan33 - sorry to hear you had to deal with  that emergency situation again. 
    Thank you again for sharing your current situation and yes, I hope you can be comfortable and manage those physical and mental hurdles.
    Glad you have the support team assembled for you. Sending a virtual hug your way! <3
  • Dear @Flowergirl and @Linda, and others,
    thanks for your warm messages.  Glad to hear that several teal sisters  are feeling stable in their OcCa. My own situation is evolving quickly - I was readmitted to hospital x emergency for 2 days for ++ascites last week, will have a permanent drain by next week. One sees these things - colostomies and drains and whatever else is offerred - as a means to greater comfort at home. But each one is physical and mental hurdle in a time-bound “home stretch”. We (husband and family) are doing the very best we can in all of this, with good home care and support from family & friends. Will try to keep in touch, sending best wishes.
    @j@jsullivan33

Your resiliency is remarkable and I deeply appreciate the honesty as you continue to share your journey with us. "each physical and mental hurdle" speaks volumes to me, ss does the peace that you reach after each hurdle. You and your family are in my prayers. 
  • Dear @jsullivan33 so sorry to hear you had another emergency situation and praying you have some comfort now that you are home. I have a permanent ileostomy so if you need any advice or anything at all, we could private message when you’re feeling a bit better. 
    You are in my prayers and I’m channeling a hug to you ((())) ☀️🦋
  • Hello lovely ladies How is everyone tonight ?
  • Hello @Linda - thanks for popping in again - doing ok  - hope you are too!

• Hello @Flowergirl I’m doing ok too thanks, and glad you are too. I had my Ct scan on Friday (after 3 chemos complete) and I got the result online today. Shows an increase which was disappointing and worrisome. I see oncologist Monday and have bloodwork then chemo Wednesday. So I’m looking forward to working with them on how we proceed. I’ve always been a bit bothered by caelyx chemo being every 4 weeks. It’s a long time in between that I’m not used to. So I’ll have lots of questions for them on Monday. 
  • Darn, sorry you are dealing with that Linda - good plan to have all your questions ready and set for Monday.
    It is a different treatment plan to adjust to when you go from every week chemo to every 21 or 28 days treatment.
  • Thanks so much, I’ve been used to every 3 weeks - gosh didn’t know you could get chemo weekly. Wow that has to be tough.
  • Hey there. Happy day after April Fools Day! with the surprise snow we had here in Southern Ontario, I am hoping that the foolish weather is done for now!
    At support group a couple of weeks ago, our facilitator asked us some intriguing and somehow difficult to answer questions.

One was - what do you appreciate or value about yourself?
  • Hi @UnPickNot - yes, the day starts out with full on snow again and then sunshine later ! Mother Nature sure was fooling us.

Thanks for sharing that - sometimes we forget about ourselves and that sure can be a mood booster or grounding calming exercise... I'm contemplating an answer. 
  • Hi @UnPickNot  We got the same snow as you but it’s starting to melt now. Hopefully it was the last.  That’s an interesting question to ask yourself. Something to think about.....
  • The word that came to mind for me was tenacity - I looked at the definition and some of the synonyms seems to fit into my being - thank you for that reminder @UnPickNot ...  :)
  • It is a hockey night tonight - playoffs around the corner! The couch is calling my name!
    Wishing you all a relaxing  & restful goodnight
    hope you are feeling ok @UnPickNot and will be thinking of you for sure on Monday @Linda
  • Something I’m aware of and even grateful about me is being intuitive.  It’s nice to reflect and think about these things. Thanks @UnPickNot
  • Thanks @Flowergirl Enjoy the game and I’ll be thinking of you Thursday. 
    Thanks  @UnPickNot I’m going to watch Coronation Street (one of my favourite soaps)
    have a great week lovely ladies ☀️🦋
  • Good evening everyone - hope you are all doing well. The weather seems to be warming up- finally!
    Our next chat is Tuesday April 23 at 7:00 PM CST 
  • Hello everyone - I'm mobile tonight so the WIFI may be spotty.
    I'll check in again when I can. 
  • Hello everyone. I’m glad it’s getting warmer out. I feel so deflated lately. Like I’ve been rolled over by a steamroller. Anyone else found like they started back to their “normal life” and ended up maxed out?
  • Hi @djapj- yes, the warmer temps sure help - and I love that it is light out longer. My guess is a lot of people are outside now enjoying the spring weather. 
    Sorry you are feeling deflated.... Can you share more about that? 
    It can be a real struggle to find a new so called normal.... change is constant as they say.
    Hope you find some supports to get you through.
  • Hello everyone, quiet evening today ...... our next chat will be on Tuesday May 07, 2019 at &:00 PM CST 
  • Hello!

• Hi! Thanks for stopping by - how are you doing?