Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Trying to lose Chemo Weight Gain

I gained weight during chemo that I understand could be due to steroids and stress.  My wonder is do we as cancer patients now have trouble losing the weight because of everything that is going on in the body now.  All the drugs, stress hormones, fatigue.  I am not sure what is going on inside the body.  Any stories out there regarding weight loss success?

Comments

• A lot of women have had success with aquafit classes and yoga. 
  • Hi @CurlyHair you might find some info in the discussion called "Exercise Routines" too.
  • Exercise is great and burns calories but unless you're running a half marathon you won't lose a lot of weight exercising. It's what you eat. The Low GI diet works really well, food is good, healthy and filling. I lost 15 pounds on it over about 4 months. Keep at it and the weight burns off. 
  • Thanks for the comments. 
  • Speaking from my own experience, I agree with Nanakaw.  Exercise makes me feel better, and helps me manage my energy levels, but does not really contribute very much to losing weight.  For that, I focused on eating vegetables and fruit, good leans proteins and staying away from sugary drinks and fast food.  That worked for me.
  • Cutting out the ice cream after dinner has helped - though I do miss it...  oh well...  I also found that watching portions makes a difference. And - drinking more water.