Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Teal Tuesdays - Live Online Chat! (Discontinued indefinitely)

Comments

• I feel like I have more questions than answers. I have an appointment with my gyny onc on Friday but not feeling optimistic that I will get all my concerns answered. I sound like a Debbie downer, I know. 😕
  • Sorry to hear you are dealing with that - will be thinking of you for sure.
    Does it help to write out all the questions?
  • No worries, you are allowed to have all those feelings and hoping you are able to find some answers as well as ways to cope. The lead up to appointments brings up all sorts of emotions
  • Hi @djapj It’s good that you have an appointment on Friday. Hopefully your Dr will provide you with the answers. You truly deserve to have them answered. Wishing you all the best for your appointment, and hopefully it will be a nice sunny day ☀️🦋
  • @Linda and @Flowergirl - my last appointment with my gyny onc was so discouraging (he walked out of our appointment and left me feeling not important at all) led me to send a list of my concerns and questions ahead of time. I am sincerely hoping that my appointment goes well on Friday - both for my health and sanity. I’ve done everything I can with this onc. If it doesn’t work out, I’ve already decided to find someone else. I can’t be dealing with not trusting my doctor. 
  • And here’s hoping for some sunshine!!!!! ☀️ 
  • Oh @djapj - so sorry to hear - that is stressful and yes, you are right in finding someone who will listen and address the concerns. Is there a patient advocate or navigator at your cancer centre or a nurse practitioner you can chat with as well? 
  • How do I find out if there is a patient advocate? My oncologist is 3hours away so I’d love to be able to find out if there is someone that will listen and answer. 
  • Hi @djapj I’m so sorry that you have this added stress. You should be able to trust and rely on your Dr to care for you. Praying you are successful on Friday ☀️🙏🏼
  • Check with your cancer centre - I was trying to recall your province?
  • Hi @djapj Which cancer centre do you attend in Ontario ?
  • London in Ontario 
  • I live in Niagara and attend Princess Margaret in Toronto.  Hopefully it all goes well on Friday 
  • Hello @UnPickNot - hope you are doing well tonight 
  • Do I have an option to change to PM?
  • yes @djapj - you can private message me if you wish 
  • Hi @djapj you can also private message me at any time ☀️🦋
  • Thank you. I’ll let you know how Friday goes. Thanks for the support. It means a lot to me. 
  • you are most welcome and we will be thinking of you!
  • Good night everyone - late dinner and hockey night here!
    Sending everyone well wishes and warmth for the rest of the week.
    Hope to see you back here next week!
  • Goodnight lovely ladies. Keep well and keep cozy ☀️🦋
  • Wanted to give everyone the update that I went to my appointment today.  Today I am NED.  I am beyond grateful.  <3

• What a blessing indeed @djapj!
  • Fantastic - glad it went so well @djapj :)
  • Hello again @pattiezee and @collegal - hope you can join us tonight on the Teal Tuesdays Live Chat at 7:00 PM CST 
  • Hi everyone 👋 Hoping you are all well ☀️
  • good evening everyone
  • It was a lovely day here today with sunshine and plus 5. Thought it would never get here, and it’s great for the kids for March break.  My hubby took me shopping today for bits n bobs. It’s my last day of freedom coz it’s chemo day tomorrow so I’ll be house bound for a week or so. I have a few little projects to occupy me and I’m even hoping to get outside for a local walk.
  • Hi @Flowergirl How are you doing ?
  • It’s wonderful news @djapj Hope you enjoyed the sunshine today ☀️