Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Doxorubicin

Options
Unfortunately the Olaparib has stopped working and my tumour is growing once again. More chemo on tap for me with Carboplatin and a new one for me Doxorubicin. Has anyone has this drug and if so how well was it tolerated? 

Comments

• Flowergirl
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @Teddybear - sending you good thoughts and hoping anyone with experience on this drug will post
  • @Flowergirl I had this drug for 3 treatments my last one in May of this year.  This was by far the best one for me some nausea, sore throat and sore skin and of course fatigue, hot flashes very intense for about two weeks. Then it starts to get better.  Previous to this drug I had two other drugs and were awful.  I am now in remission and going for my 6 month checkup next week.  This journey for me started last December with stage 3C. I was told to think of this as a chronic disease and could possibly come back. I hope not.  Stay strong! Keep fighting.