Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Funding for lynparza

2»

Comments

• Bonjour les filles!
    Bonjour @Nancy1, dès que j'ai lu ton post, j'ai fait des recherches, j'ai communiqué avec le fabricant du Lymparza et ensuite avec mon médecin oncologue. J'ai demandé a ce dernier d'envoyer dossier pour analyse chez Lymparza, en esperant être choisi pour l'etude de recherche, même si je n'ai pas la mutatuion genetique BRCA.
    Aujourd'hui, j'ai eu ma réponse et c'est OUI! Je vais bientôt commencer le traitement avec Olaparib.
    Je suis tres contente car je viens de finir la quatrième ligne e chimiothérapie sans réussite,  le cancer continue a grandir, donc , et Olparib représente un grand espoir pour au moins ralentir la maladie.
    Je te remercie du fond du cœur ainsi comme les autres aussi pour ses commentaires toujours enrichissantes.
    Bonne semaine a toutes!

• Thought I should update.  After all the work to get the drug funded, it made me quite sick.  I had severe fatigue and flu-like symptoms.  I was only able to take it for about 2 weeks.  It seemed to be bothering my liver and then I started having vaginal bleeding.  I a going for a consult about radiation tomorrow.
  • Hello @amyc - goodness, so sorry about that - those side effects. Wishing you all the best and will they try another drug option for you or is it the radiation only for now? 
  • Thanks for your kind words. They are hoping that radiation will hold things off for now.
  • Bonjour les filles
    Je commence aujourd'hui le traitement avec Lymparza.
    J'espère que tout va bien aller et que je n'aie pas beaucoup d'effet secondaire.
    Je vous donne des nouvelles bientôt.
    Bonne journée a toutes.
  • bonne chance @Alfaria !
  • In response to jsullivan33: I live in Ontario. My insurance pays 80% , the remind 20% paid by a Lynparza producer. The Lynparza producer said, they will not fund more until I have my insurance life balance not zeroed.
    Please keep in mind, that the life balance of the insurance is reducing very fast because of the high cost of  Lynparza. For the last 7 months the Life balance was reduced for 57,000$. With my insurance Life balance 100,000 $ the balance will be zeroed in a next few months even I do not spend the insurance  on anything else ( that is terrible because I have so many other health problems, including cardio, thyroid and lymphedema,  those have to be addressed regularly). When the life balance of the insurance becomes 0$, the insurance  will be stopped. The insurance was given to me as a benefit for a Life from my employer ( because of my disability I was not able to return to work and had to retire at 65). I am desperately waiting when Lynparza gets onto the funding list in Ontario.