Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis ([email protected]).

Teal Tuesdays - Live Online Chat! (Discontinued indefinitely)

Flowergirl
Flowergirl Legacy
edited October 2020 in Encouragement and Support
Check back here starting Tuesday, September 19 @ 8:00 PM CST .... more to follow!

Comments

• Looking forward to it :smiley:

• Curious to find out about it. :) Just enjoyed my first (annual) High Tea with the Toronto OVCAPEERS group this Friday.  
  • " Come, let us have some tea...and continue to talk about happy things"...Shaim Potok.......Hello Everyone - welcome to Teal Tuesday - Tea - or your beverage of choice - Time together. I thought this would be a good meeting space, pop in and say hello and then make your way around the site.  A time and a place for all to be together, in real time, especially during the cold winter months and for those in recovery or treatment. Reminder any comments you post will be public and you can message individuals if needed. Welcome and how are you doing this evening?

• Good evening ladies  :)  hope everyone is doing well this week.
  • Hello @KarenL and @terrylee  - welcome and thanks for joining tonight! Tea always brings calm for me- it is a moment to pause, reflect, relax and enjoy the moment. May I ask... what keeps you calm? Is there an activity, item or a certain practice that does it for you?

• hello @Lakeview - welcome - hope you are doing well this evening?!
  • Goodnight everyone - join us here again Tuesday Sept 26 @ 8:00 CST - and see you before then around the site!
  • I got into the colouring books while having chemo and still like to colour as a way to relax and clear my mind.
  • I found those are great for a way to focus on something other than your condition - glad those work for you too @KarenL.

Looking forward to our next live chat - meet you all back here on Tuesday September 26 @ 8:00 PM CST !
  • Hello Everyone - how are you this evening? 

I believe that the circles of women around us weave invisible nets of love

that carry us when we’re weak and sing with us when we are strong.

Let’s lean back and let the arms of women’s friendships carry us

and help us to know ourselves better, and live our lives together.

~ unknown

• Hello. First time on the live chat.  
  • Welcome @CurlyHair ... hoping to get more of us on at the same time to connect in real time.
    Winter is coming and this may be a helpful option if you can’t get out to an in person support group 

do you have an activity that keeps you calm or takes you to your happy place?
  • I like to play card games on my phone in the evening before bed.  It really tires me out and relaxes me.  
  • I would not call myself happy though
  • Maybe this is not the best time of day for others for this type of thing.  
  • I find it is tough digging myself out of the rabbit hole and I try to grab on to what good stuff is out there.

yes, the time for this chat may be not so great; we’ll see once more users join.

• Goodnight everyone ... Hope to connect with you again Tuesday October 3@8:00CST
  •  I really tried to stay up so I could join in....but a combination of chemo treatment side effects and too much nightly insomnia did me in.
    Hopefully next week will be better for me.
  • Hi @midcanada - hope you are doing well and we'll connect again soon!
  • Good evening everyone - hope you are all doing well today. Perhaps the time frame is not suitable for everyone - We'll try an hour earlier - 7:00 PM CST next Tuesday and see if we can connect all together.
  • Hello @Flowergirl I just wanted to tell you that deSouza Instittute has an ovarian cancer chat beginning Tues Oct 17 if you want to join in.  That goes for anyone else of course.  
  • Thanks @CurlyHair - yes I have done a few of those sessions with deSouza and found them very helpful at a time when I couldn't venture out to an inperson support group - I was also pleased to do the online Art therapy that they offered.
  • Good evening everyone and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend if you were celebrating!

• We'll try 7:00 PM CST for the next few Tuesdays to see if we can get a few participants on the chat at the same time to connect. Looks like we have a few new topics and great contributions of sharing resources - thanks everyone and welcome to those who have joined the chat group.
  • Good evening everyone and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend if you were celebrating!
    I'll be popping on and off the site tonight. Log in to say hello on this Teal Tuesday. 
    We had a great artistic activity with our local survivor group last week - I'm glad we were able to connect @KGrover !

• Hello Flowergirl,
    Once again I missed the 7 PM login. I am up at 11 PM because of pain from foot neuropathy.
    Perhaps I can do better in the coming weeks as I have a chemo break coming up shortly so  my fatigue and insomnia may improve.  
  • Good rest to you @midcanada - Hello everyone -seems there are a few of you here today OCT 18 ! 
  • Good evening everyone - just a couple of us on the chat tonight.... some great discussion topics going on... be sure to check them out from the home page and comment where / when you can.
    Next Tuesday is Halloween!
  • Happy Halloween - Hello and good evening everyone when you get into the chat!

• Hello all.