Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Teal Tuesdays - Live Online Chat! (Discontinued indefinitely)

Comments

• At wat what time is this live chat?  I thought it was a 10:30 which is 1:30 Eastern time. A little confused here. 
  • Hi @Gabrielle.  I'm sorry for the confusion!  Teal Tuesday chats are online here in the OVdialogue community.  It is at 8pm CST which is 9pm EST.  The next one is tomorrow evening, Tuesday September 25.

The Live Teleconference that was posted for last Thursday, September 20, was a telephone conversation for members of the community to talk to each other via phone and provide some feedback for Ovarian Cancer Canada on your experiences with OVdialogue. It was at 1:30 EST.  I apologize that you were here waiting for it to start.  If you would like to provide some feedback, please feel free to call or email me at 1-877-413-7970 x231 or msapsford@ovariancanada.org.
  • Hello everyone - hope you can join us her @Gabrielle on Tuesday September 25 
    We try to meet every Tuesday - it is at 7:00 PM CST 
  • good evening everyone 
  • Hello @fibi - hope you are doing well -welcome back to the chat!
    Hi @red1976 - hope you are having a great day!
  • Hi @Gabrielle - sorry we missed you - we are on the live chat tonight if you are around
  • @Flowergirl Hello! Can't believe i remembered!!!!  How are you?? Freezing here in NS
  • Hi - doing ok thanks - yes, we are getting some rain on the Prairies - I managed to squeeze in a bike ride before the drizzle today
  • Does anyone else have a Ladyball event this month.?? There's one here on Thursday and I get to go. Hoping for a fun night.
  • that sounds so exciting - wishing you a wonderful evening!
    The Teal shop is now open online:
    https://ovariancanada.org/Get-Involved/Shop
    Hoping they will add more items soon
  • Hello sisters, checking in from Spain tonight, really enjoying my trip. Leaving very best wishes for resilence and strength to all of you cheking in, and encouragement to learn as much as can be learned about OvCa. That puts you in driver’s seat. I always take inspiration from Dr. Hoskin’s webinar (posted here on OCC ) “My OvCa has recurred - what am I and my oncologist going to do about it?  Have a great evening,
    @jsullivan33
  • Hi @jsullivan33 - lucky gal -hope you are having a wonderful time. And thanks for those kind thoughts, words of wisdom!
  • Hope to meet everyone back here next time.
    Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating - wishing you all well and have a wonderful weekend.
    Next Live chat - Tuesday October 9 @7:00PM CST 
  • good evening everyone - hope you are all doing ok
  • Quiet evening - hope to see you all back here next Tuesday at 7:00 PMCST or around the site. 

Reminder that the other chat - facilitated support is available soon -
    Ovarian Cancer Canada in partnership with Cancer Chat Canada is hosting an online support group specifically for women with ovarian cancer.  It begins on October 23, 2018.  For further information and registration please go to https://cancerchat.desouzainstitute.com/users/register/75
  • good evening everyone -sorry I am late -we had unexpected company in today.
  • Reminder this starts next week if you are looking for more online support:
    https://cancerchat.desouzainstitute.com/users/register/75
  • Next live chat is Tuesday October 23 @ 7:00 PMCST - hope to meet you back here.
  • Hello and how is everyone this week?
  • Hi @Flowergirl How are you ?
  • HI @Linda - doing ok -thanks - trying to squeeze out the last ofthe nice fall weather - so great when we can get outside!
    How are you doing?

• Hi @Flowergirl Great to hear and glad you’re enjoying the nice fall days. Love it when it’s sunny and I’m now able to walk without my cane 😁 Big milestone (2 years disabled) 
    Scan last week and saw oncologist yesterday. There’s a tiny mesenteric lymph node (.8cm) so they have decided I need another scan in 6 weeks. They don’t want to wait 3 months which they’ve been doing recently. So I’m glad they’re being thorough but anxious because I was hoping to book a flight to visit my wee sister in Scotland next April. But I have to wait for the next scan. Making future plans is one of the hard things for me living with recurrence. 
  • that is good when you can get out
    Yes, so good they are looking after you. 
  • Thanks @Flowergirl. I participated in the Cancer Chat this afternoon. Went very well and the 90 minutes just flew by. 
  • Hope you are able to get away for the visit - agreed, those future plans are for sure a challenge

• good night everyone - hope you are doing well this week
    See you back here on Tuesday Oct 30 at 7:00 PM CST 
  • Thanks @Flowergirl Keep well and have a great week.  Night night 🦋
  • good evening everyone 

• Hello everyone !  
  • Hi @Linda - hope you are well.... Quiet night -everyone is prepping for Halloween
    Wondering how your trip was @jsullivan33 if you are around