Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Lynne0716 Just diagnosed a couple of months ago.

Options
High Grade Serous Carcinoma
First time posting a message. Have had one cycle of chemo and 2nd scheduled for this Wednesday...if bloodwork OK. Losing my hair and feeling overwhelmed by that. Going to store today to look at head coverings/wigs. Yikes! Have registered for workshop "Look Good Feel Better" at cancer centre. Any words of advice?

Comments

• Flowergirl
    Options
    Hello @Lynne0716 - welcome to the chat site. We are here to support you and if you review some of the topics (we are at over pages now) you will find some the experiences and suggestions shared.
    You may want to post your story on your bio page  or review the Let's get started topic. There are also topics started on Chemotherapy, hair loss, and anxiety. 
    We hope you will find much support here and we try to meet live on Tuesdays at 7:00 PM CST 
  • All I can say is having been through it myself is you have the right idea to get out there and communicate with others.  Please be an assertive advocate with your medical team asking questions and being informed.  
  • I hope all went well with your second chemo and you are handling it okay.  I just wanted to let you know that Giant tiger sells  sports head covers that are really comfortable.  They are open ended colourful tubes and you just tuck them under in the back.   Lots of bright colours