Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Motivational Quotes - Add yours!!!

Thought it would be nice to have a list of motivating quotes for moments we are a little discouraged or down. Please add yours!!!!

She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails. 

Elizabeth Edwards 

Comments

• This cartoon seems to help me if I am feeling down. 
    Thanks to Charles M. Schulz.
  • Hi @red1976 and @midcanada.  Great topic and I love both your comments!  Thanks.
  • @JaneWest .  Beautiful!  Love it!
  • Jackie
    Jackie Peer Support Vol
  • Jackie
    Jackie Peer Support Vol
    edited June 2018

“When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live,” — American sportscaster Stuart Scott

“Whatever it is in oncologists that makes them want to be oncologists—that crazy mix of fierceness, optimism, arrogance and compassion—I get a contact high from it. It’s like love at first sight or touching something on fire. It’s like making a choice and refusing to look back,”  — Nina Riggs in her memoir The Bright Hour

• Great quotes with an awesome picture!  Thanks for sharing these - I love them!
  • A good friend of mine made me this anklet in teal of course and if you look closely you can see a leaf which represents the tree of life
  • Hi @terrylee.  The bracelet is beautiful.  I love the colours, design and little charms with the tree of life!