Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Teal Tuesdays - Live Online Chat! (Discontinued indefinitely)

Options

Comments

• Tesla01
    Options
    Hi flowergirl.....I’m doing good thank you, I had a good report from my Oncologist a week ago at my regular monthly check up. Please god it continues to be good. 
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    Hi @Tesla01 - that is good news - are you going to do some celebrations?
    Perhaps that will be our topic for next Tuesday's chat - celebrating our moments!
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    Good evening everyone - how are you doing tonight
     on the chat tonight if you are around @Tesla01 @Gabrielle @red1976 @Caitsmom @midcanada @Quiltmama @terrylee
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    Celebrating the good weather and a warm welcome to those new to the chat @Teddybear @sharon
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    hello @trixielee @Tara and @battleoflife12018 - welcome if you are around tonight

• terrylee
    Options
    Good evening everybody
  • red1976
    Options
    Helloooooo @flowergirl ...still having notification issues
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    yay! we have a party with a few of us tonight - we were thinking about celebrations last week - what are you celebrating - big or small... I am loving the weather and a stroll with my hubby today!
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    darn @red1976 - will need to look into that and see if they have suggestions 
  • red1976
    Options
    I am celebrating completing my 6 rounds :)

We are also getting ready for end of school year celebrations which is nice. Concerts and field trips
  • terrylee
    Options
    Congrats @red1976!!
  • Having a good day!  The weather is beautiful. Had my course rendezvous on insomnia today. Just to let everyone know that this course has been very helpful. I am in my fourth week. This course is put on by cancerchat de DeSouza Institute. It was actually mentioned on Ovadialogue by Marilyn. With a cancer diagnosis insomnia for many of us is a huge problem and Ican honestly say that I am learning a lot and that it has helped lessen my anxiety. 

• Flowergirl
    Options
    Those are good things to celebrate 
    Yes, that deSouza Institute has some really great sessions
    I like that you can sign up and they send you the notifications when they start up again
  • Hi all...thanks @red1976 for reminding me it is Tues.

Hope everyone is having the great summer weather we are in Belleville, ON area! 
  • What is the deSouza Institute?
  • red1976
    Options
    @Gabrielle is it an online thing?
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    https://www.desouzainstitute.com/
    you can sign up to receive notifications
    they offer online support groups
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    Glad you could join us @KarenMari53
  • Thanks @Flowergirl...will check that out. 
    Loved my experience with the live support group, it will be helpful. Any connection with someone who understands helps.
  • red1976
    Options
    I'll have to check that out. 
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    Glad you could join us @KarenMari53
  • red1976
    Options
    Just booked 3 nights at a cottage in PEI for July. Anyone else planning a vacation??
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    sometimes there is a break for summer - look under the Patient section when you log into the Cancer Chat Canada
    click here https://cancerchat.desouzainstitute.com/users/register
    to sign up for notifications and you'll get an email when the next sessions start
  • Good for you, @red1976!! My fave province!
  • Thanks @Flowergirl.  
    So who all is registered for the Walk of Hope??
  • red1976
    Options
    Thanks @Flowergirl.  
    I have a team here in Halifax....we've raised almost 1500 so far :) Pretty proud of my team!
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    nice - loved it there in PEI - I'm glad you are able to go for it @red1976
    Summer will be busy I have 2 weddings to attend!
    Yes, summer zooms by and then boom -the walk is around the corner.
    Everyone always seems to wait till the last minute on my end
    I'm collecting items for raffles at our local walk
  • red1976
    Options
    Thanks @Flowergirl.  
    I have a team here in Halifax....we've raised almost 1500 so far :) Pretty proud of my team!
  • red1976
    Options
    @Flowergirl I love weddings!!! I've been a bridesmaid 11 times :) lol
  • Flowergirl
    Options
     :):)