Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Weekly chemo compared to every 3 weeks

Options
Good MOrning ladies has any one had any experience on having here chemo weekly rather than every 3 weeks . This will be my 4th time with chemo if they decide that i need it again fighting for 4 years now . I had read somewhere that the side affects are a little milder with the weekly .
I have clear cell stage 3b . 

Comments

• Flowergirl
    Options
    Hi @cavy
    Yes, it seems that treatments vary according to the individual and what the medical team suggests.
    Many factors may be considered for the course of treatment. A concern may be how one is functioning with the neuropathy and other side effects.

On a personal note, I had the weekly cycles (dose dense) for 7 months and then the last treatment was once every 21 days. 
  • Jack
    Options
    @cavy hi just reading your post from Feb on weekly chemo. I am about to start same treatment, low dose of Taxol weekly for 12 months. How did you find it, were the side effects as bad or worse of the 3 wk combo chemo ?
    thanks
  • HeidiD
    Options
    I had 2 rounds of chemo weekly when Taxol and Carbo worked for me.  What I found was that they could give me a higher dose of Taxol by giving it to me weekly.  My body tolerated it better.  I also had no 'aches' like I did with a round every 3 weeks (which I had to do 3 prior to surgery).  Worked better for me.