Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

I’m new

I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at beginning of November 2017.  I’m now 65 years and stage 3C. There was a huge gap after diagnosis and treatment waiting to see oncologist, then waiting for chemo program to start. I suffered with excessive asites and had to be tapped many times. Once chemo started I could feel my body returning to a more normal activity state. I’ve had three chemos and 13 fluid drainage taps. Cumulative total of fluid was 35 litres. The fluid has stopped generating.   I’m now waiting for my fourth chemo and my surgery date of March 13. 
I am happy to be a part of this discussion group.  It helps to not feel alone.  Any new information and support gives me strength. 

Comments

• Hello @DeltaRed - a warm welcome to you and thank you for sharing your story.
    Glad to hear that fluid is under control as it can be uncomfortable. 
    We are here for you and hope you find the support you need.
    I invite you to review the topics around the site and join us on the live chats Tuesdays at 7:00 PM CST if you are available.

• @DeltaRed  Nice to 'meet' you :) I was diagnosed just a month before you. I'm doing round 3 of 6 chemos on Tuesday. This board is a great resource. We are in it together :)