Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Fertility success post cancer

Hi. I’m just wondering if anyone has had success with fertility after Ovarian Cancer treatment?

Comments

• @jemgirljeri Hi.  This is a good topic and I suspect one that comes with a lot of mixed emotion.  It also may not be applicable to as many women which may be why you are not getting many comments yet.  As more women join the site this may change.  I do know of a woman who was able to preserve her fertility through egg harvesting before her surgery and then had a baby through surrogacy. I also know of women who have adopted. Let me check into this further and get back to you.
  • @jemgirljeri Hi.  This is a good topic and I suspect one that comes with a lot of mixed emotion.  It also may not be applicable to as many women which may be why you are not getting many comments yet.  As more women join the site this may change.  I do know of a woman who was able to preserve her fertility through egg harvesting before her surgery and then had a baby through surrogacy. I also know of women who have adopted. Let me check into this further and get back to you.
  • @Marilyn I figured as much, but it is something that is really important to me and I hope that once this community grows there may be some success stories that can give me hope. ❤️
  • I've talked to other women with ovarian cancer and nothing was really said about protecting fertility from the doctors.