Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Long Term Affair with this disease not wanted

I had a great life prior to this disease.  Loving family, great spouse, horses, dogs, great job etc.  Since this entered my life everything has changed.  I am always in a depressive state and can't seem to find an escape of the dark thoughts.  I've been through counseling, tried antidepressants and attended a spiritual session with a native healer.  I found the healer to be the most comforting with what she gave me on a spiritual level.  I have tried to reconnect sexually but it was unsuccessful and I felt like my vagina had a knife cutting into it.   I have come to the conclusion that I really don't want a long term relationship with this disease although the medical community seems to constantly push in that direction.  I am currently in remission but should the disease return I'm really not sure that I want more years of this mental & physical torture (on me & my family).  Are there others that feel this way?

Comments

• Hello and welcome @NighthawkSharon - thank you for sharing your honest thoughts. I hope you find some hope and support here on the site. Glad to hear you are in remission. 

Yes, this disease takes a physical and emotional toll on everyone (patient and family/friends)! You may want to check out the "Can we talk about sex" topic  - it has been scrolled over to page two as we have had a lot of new topics and activities on the site.

You will notice that the most recent topic or comments will appear at the top of the discussion list. You can add your story to your log in page and / or share your story at "Let's get started - come introduce yourself "

A warm welcome to you and I 'll also direct message you.