Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Community Champion. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).
Ovarian Cancer Canada is thrilled to share that we have some exciting updates on the way for OVdialogue. These enhancements are designed to strengthen our community and make your experience even better.

Stay tuned for more details, and feel free to share your thoughts below. Let’s make this community even stronger!

Walk of Hope 2024

Hello ladies,

I was just wondering if any of you are in Montreal and were planning on attending the walk of hope Sept 8th. Would be nice to meet up

Comments

• Alwayslearning
    Alwayslearning Community Champion

Hi @melissa,

I'm not in Montreal but will be walking at the Walk of Hope site in Burlington, Ontario. I hope you have a wonderful day at the Montreal walk.

Are there any other walkers out there at other locations? My team is "Mel's Cure Crusaders". We are 20 strong and looking forward to a great morning for a great cause. This is my first walk so I'm looking forward to meeting other Teal Sisters. The day will I'm sure be both emotional and uplifting. I'm looking forward to being surrounded by so many supportive people.

Please share your photo's from your walk. You can add attachments using the link below (use the picture icon below to upload an image). I look forward to seeing and hearing everyone's stories from the day.

Always learning

• @Alwayslearning this was my 5th year walking and first without my Mom. We walked in her honour here in Vancouver. Here are a couple photos from our walk.

• Alwayslearning
    Alwayslearning Community Champion

Hi @mymomisawarrior. Five years! That's very impressive and what a lovely way, this year, to honour your Mom. I'm sure it was a bittersweet day however your continued support to raise funds and awareness of Ovarian Cancer is definitely appreciated. The t-shirts clearly reflect what a bright soul she was.

Thank you for sharing your photos and your continued commitment to this cause.

• Thank you for sharing the photos @mymomisawarrior I bet the walk was a tough decision to do by all. How are you managing with your grief? Thank you for your continued efforts to support Ovarian Cancer. Looks like you had a lovely day for the walk. 💕

• mymomisawarrior
    edited October 11

@Strongwoman you’re welcome, it was a tough day but I know my Mom would be happy that we all did it in her honour. I’ve been doing alright considering, but miss her and think about her everyday. We will go and visit her this weekend for thanksgiving's, she always loved her turkey and spending time with family. Hope you’re doing well