Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

OUR COLLABORATIVE BOOK

Options
I wanted to make this a separate post from what was in a Teal Thursday category a bit ago.  
I, personally, would love to see this come to fruition. I have checked with OCC and there has NEVER been a collaborative book done before on Ovarian Cancer.
So it was first initiated by @Hooodith that we each do a chapter for a book on our own journey. It was met with a wonderful response.
So, please let it be known who would like to do this, seriously and we will workshop through this together to have it come to fruition.
It does not matter the type of cancer you have or where you are at in your journey. I feel that in order for this book to be complete, it will be a compilation of many journeys and experiences.  It won't be full of the stats and generalities that we find on the internet but instead be full of life experiences to give a better whole picture to many out there.
So I encourage @jennhood624 to see if Hannah would like to weigh in with her journey with Juvenile Granulosa and all the other ladies out there with both the rarer types or complications of having a more common one and what that looks like.
So, come on ladies.....tell me again....who is in this?!!! <3
Let's get brainstorming and make this a reality!

Comments

• Hooodith
    Options
    I am in, but still recovering from my shock. I will try to write something and send it but I am not good at how to send things. I don’t want to just send it into our teal thursday. If someone can describe what we want, my husband can do that work. Am I making sense?
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
    Options
    @Hooodith You heal yourself first. There is no rush. This is to see who is interested. Then I will figure out the best way to go from there.  I know that our behind the scenes lady, Marianne, suggested that there are ways of getting something published without ordering a ton of books etc.  Lots of things to look at.  If anyone has helpful tips/tricks, send them and if not, we will get through this together.
    For now, keep it in your mind and you get yourself better, @Hooodith Whatever happened has rocked you to your very soul. That will take some time to heal.  We are here for you whenever you are ready. 
    Hugs  <3
  • Hooodith
    Options
    @Strongwoman. Thanks so much. I am reaching out to very good friends, and the pain is easing a bit.
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
    Options
    @Hooodith I am thankful that the 'pain is easing a bit' for you.  I have every faith that you will express what you want when you feel you are ready.  If that does not happen and you choose to keep it to yourself as well, that is okay too. Whatever will help you overcome your experience and move forward in a healing way.  <3
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
    Options

Good Morning Ladies……..how is everyone doing? If you can let me know who would be interested in this, I would appreciate it. I will tap into @mfallis to ask her what resources she came across regarding either doing this and a platform we can use collectively or post our story to OR how to get it to publication when finished. I know her and I did discuss it at one time and I have forgotten. OOPs….brain fog!

Please know you do not have to be some elaborate writer. Write what you feel your journey has been about and what you want to share. What you don't think that either books or any type of literature shares with us about this disease and our journeys. The feelings/emotions that go along with it that are necessarily expressed and how it affects not only us as the patient but the family/friend inner circle.

I am sending you all positivity and encouragement to participate and get those words out and who knows what will happen when we are all done. If nothing else, we will have the first ever collaborative book on Ovarian Cancer with varying types of the disease and individual journeys to share.

So, please over the coming days, let me know who would like to share and contribute and we will get this started. For anyone new or a veteran on this site, I encourage you to join as well. All perspectives welcomed.