Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Legacy

Options
It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I come to you now to report the end of life for Kim best known as @Taita on our forum. Kim left our world Tues night. Her daughter in law has let me know of her death, tonight.  She was a good member and had a lot to do with making things happen at a government level for Ovarian Cancer.  Please feel free to honour @Taita in the coming days and share any interactions  or poems you may have that remind you of her.  May she have died in peace in the way she wanted surrounded by the love of family and friends. You will be missed my friend. Condolences to the entire family at this time. o:)  <3

Comments

• GloHo
    Options
    @Taita always put family first as attested by the many wonderful vacations she took - lifelong memories for her loved ones. I will always be grateful for the support and wisdom she shared on this site and for her advocacy for ovarian cancer awareness and financial support at the highest levels of government. Rest in peace. You will be missed. My condolences to her family and friends.  
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
    Options
    Good morning my fellow Teal Sisters.  I am sharing with you this morning a private message I received from @paulaholmesrodman
    Ovarian cancer claimed claimed Lindsey yesterday, But it only got her body. Her spirit and her heart are so strong and they are soaring. She died just as the sun was coming up, which is perfect. Her favorite song was. Here comes the sun by the beatles. I opened the curtains for her and watched the sun reflect on the mountains. It was incredibly peaceful after a terrible two days. She received beautiful care in the hospice. It was an honor to be with her. I'm not quite sure what to do next without her. She loved being a teal sister.

Please allow Paula and the family their time to adjust in the news while sending your condolences to all.  It is with sadness that we have a passing of one of our Teal Sisters.  Lindsey had a passion and was proud to be one of our sisters and will be greatly missed.  
    Find solace in Paula's description of how Lindsey left our world and know that she went in peace as we all wish to do when our time is to come.
    Condolences to all  <3