Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Community Champion. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).
Ovarian Cancer Canada is thrilled to share that we have some exciting updates on the way for OVdialogue. These enhancements are designed to strengthen our community and make your experience even better.

Stay tuned for more details, and feel free to share your thoughts below. Let’s make this community even stronger!

Food for thought....

Comments

• This contains an image of 20 Amazing Quotes About Life

Another quote to ponder for the day.  Perhaps one of them will resonate with you and encourage you to do something today. For yourself, for someone else or just because........ <3
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator

We have all been here and have returned here.  It is part of the journey.
    Have faith, be strong in knowing you have others here to help support you and as it says, "Let go and see what happens next..." 
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator

• Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
    “Sundays are like confetti floating in the air in slow motion, in the evening they reach the ground, and you hope a bit of wind could blow on them so they could fly a bit longer.” — Alain Bremond-Torrent, Running is Flying Intermittently
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
    Image result for Inspirational Quotes About the Day
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator

AHH Brene Brown.......I find her so inspirational!  
    Hope you find some solace in her words.  <3
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator

• Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
    This may contain a person standing in the middle of a field with an airplane flying over them and text that reads as you are shifting you will begin to relive
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator

I thought this quote was fitting for us all. On our journeys there are times our bags are more full than others. No one knows what we carry with us but ourselves. What we can do is share parts of our bags with others on this forum as there are usually common threads. A place to vent, share, unload part of that bag to gain hope, support and tools to help one get through the difficult times with like minded people who are travelling a similar journey. So, please, if you need to unload some of your bag, know you can and we will all be here to be by your side as you do. Lighten the load if you can, as we should not have to carry the heaviness of it with us always. 💕

• Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
  • Beautiful! 💕

• Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
  • YOU are truly one of those people!❤️

• Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator

Aww thank you so much @HorseGirl 💕

• Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator

WE all have these days. Do your best to remember it is a "blip" in the grand scheme of things and will pass!💕

• Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
  • So very, very true and worth reminding oneself daily to use the strength we currently have and not trying to borrow from a new day.

• A great reminder for those times when our minds race ahead…

• Exactly! 💖

• Sharing for those that may be struggling a little or a lot today or any day. A gentle reminder of things to reflect on and remind us of the joys that are out there if we just look for them. 💖

• HorseGirl
    edited October 10

Thank you @Strongwoman, I have been struggling for the last few days…a friend with breast cancer (it was in remission) has learned that there are multiple tumours in her pelvis. Bone biopsy this Friday, and radiation starts on Monday. Another FB horse friend from NZ who was diagnosed stage 3C a few years ago, needed to get a stoma last Monday, and is looking at months. She started a FB group called Ride4OvarianCancerAwareness. I am devastated for them, as well as for everyone who is suffering from cancer. I am NED, but every stabbing pain that I get in my back or abdomen worries me. Sometimes I look through old discussion posts in OV Dialogue to help me, only to learn that those ladies are no longer here. It’s disheartening, and I feel like it is a house of cards. Sorry to be such a downer, but grief keeps seeping in.

• @HorseGirl I am sorry and saddened to hear of your struggles a of late. It can be difficult to navigate this disease and all that goes with it.

Despite being NED, I understand the process that one can undergo wondering if every ache or pain may be it returning. It is difficult to shut our brains off from noticing every little nuance while in treatment to "living our lives". Some of that lingers with you and makes you wonder at every little turn. What I can say is this, look up symptoms for sure but do your best to look at for info only. It is very sad that many are no longer with us when we read older threads. This can bring about feelings of grief for oneself and for others which can be unhealthy for us in the long run. Anticipatory grief stays with us and we all learn how to navigate it and incorporate it into our daily lives. I, personally, try my best to take every day as a new day and not to look too far ahead. Some days this is easy and other days more difficult. Finding ways to occupy your day and mind is key and to stay in the present as much as one can. Planning outings etc with family and friends is a way to help you look forward. When we are having difficult days, that is okay too as long as we don't get stuck in it. Change of scenery can help even for an hour or two and change one's perspective for the day. Posting here and venting can be another. I am thankful that you find this a forum that you can do this with the other Teal Sisters.

Here is hoping you will have a different outlook on today and that it is more positive than yesterday. That the grief you are feeling eases some and you can find some joy in the day. 💖

Hang in there!

• @Strongwoman thank you for your encouragement. I’m trying to keep busy to alleviate the thoughts. Decided to go out to our cabin alone today just to putter around and read. Made a nice fire in the woodstove. Reading a good book in the Lazyboy is the order of the day.

• Sounds and looks wonderful @HorseGirl

Enjoy!