Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Avastin more than once ?

Options
Has anyone had avastin more than once? I know that here in BC if you have progressed while on Avastin, you are not eligible to receive it again, unless it is private pay. The supporting evidence for improved efficacy is not there for heavily pre-treated OC patients. The original study from 2014 was done on patients with 2 or less lines of therapy. At some centres in the US they add Avastin to chemotherapy regardless of lines of therapy received. 

Comments

• Strongwoman
    Options
    @hope2022  I truly don't know the answer to this great question.  If you find or hear of any response to it, do you mind sharing it for others that may be wondering as well?  
    It is difficult to see approvals for drugs/treatments south of us never knowing if it will ever meet the approval process here in Canada or if it is a pipe dream so very far off into the distance.  
    One can only hope with the advancement of medicine and research that they will help drive it forward and come up with a better way to help treatment advancements reach us here in Canada sooner than they do. 
     <3 
  • @Strongwoman
    Yes, definitely, I will share anything I find out. After seeing the oncologist in Seattle, I was curious as to why the differences in OC treatment. 
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    I am curious too @hope2022 When you find out the answers, I would be curious to see the reasoning behind it myself.