Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Community Champion. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).
Ovarian Cancer Canada is thrilled to share that we have some exciting updates on the way for OVdialogue. These enhancements are designed to strengthen our community and make your experience even better.

Stay tuned for more details, and feel free to share your thoughts below. Let’s make this community even stronger!

LGSC and trials

I am wondering if anyone with LGSC has looked at or trialed any of these:
GOG 3026
RAMP
BOUQUET 
Does anyone know if they are available in Canada as well?

Comments

• Good Morning!  
      For those ladies with LGSC, I am writing to report any progress I have had thus far with trials.  I have an appt on Jan 15th at PMH (Princess Margaret Hospital) with a Gyn Onc as a consult and to go over anything that may be on the table for myself.  Going in, I know in my heart of hearts that the criterium I want met are:
    what is the overall success rate if I go on trial compared to if I do nothing?
    what are the side effects of what I will be put on?
    will trial stop the abdominal pain I experience daily?
    will the side effects out weigh the outcome in the end?
    how will I be monitored and how many visits etc am I looking at?
    oral or IV therapy for trial (the BOUQUET trial has so many options that I currently think there are only 2 viable for myself but am unsure)
    what their general knowledge and demeanor is when in the appt and would I like to work with them?

In the end, anything I learn, I will post and share for everyone here.  I will be discussing at length anything on the table for myself with my Palliative doctor.  I am at a point now that I am not willing to give up how I feel (most days) and the things I am able to do in order to going back to feeling rotten UNLESS there is a definite rainbow on the otherside type of thing.  That is me though and what I want personally.  Everyone is different.  I am on a mission to get some of my Legacy projects completed no matter what I choose to do.  I am very thankful and grateful that my neighbour is coming with me as she is a retired vet and will be a good advocate for me and will ask some questions I may not think of.  Plus it also gives me another person to help me decide if I want to work with the team at PMH.  

I will keep all updated as I go along.
    Currently, I am waking with abdominal pains daily no matter if it is water, tea or food I eat or drink.  I am more fatigued than before Christmas for sure.  I take things as they come on a daily basis and rest when I need to.  Above all else, I take time for me to make sure it is me that comes first.
    Take care of yourselves and I look forward to chatting tomorrow with as many that can make it to the Teal Thursday chat!