Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

In honour of Fearless, OVdialogue Moderator

Options

It is with great sadness that I share our OVdialogue moderator, @Fearless_Moderator, died this past Friday. Since the inception of the OVdialogue community, Fearless has been a dedicated, compassionate, thoughtful person who has provided strength, support, and insight into this community and to each of us. There are not enough words of gratitude to share for the contribution Fearless has made here. She will be deeply missed.

Our Community Champions and the team here at Ovarian Cancer Canada will continue to be here to support you. Please reach out to me (@mfallis on OVdialogue, or mfallis@ovariancanada.org) at anytime.

Comments

• Strongwoman
    Options
    @Fearless_Moderator may you RIP.  She shared so much with this group and was with it from the onset. She reassured myself when I was first diagnosed and welcomed me to the group. She recommended the By Your Side book which was a wonderful tool not only for myself but my family as well. A great wealth of knowledge and braved everything this ugly disease threw at her.  I will miss her contributions to the group and hope she went as she wanted to. Bless her family and their grieving process. Thank you Fearless for all you contributed to every single one of us along our journey!  Rest now. 

Please be assured ladies that Teal Thursdays will still continue this Thursday. Welcome anyone one of you who wish to say some things about Fearless that you would like to share, grieve her absence and find comfort in the group on Thursday or share what is going on with you as well.  I wish you all well and look forward to any posts from gals that have known her a long time.

•  @Fearless_Moderator
    I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Fearless last Friday. She was always there to help answer your question when she was going through her own tough battle. I loved her positivity and wonderful sense of humour! She will be missed so much. My prayers are with her family at this difficult time. 
  • I just looked up Fearless' profile (https://ovdialogue.ovariancanada.org/profile/Fearless_Moderator), and read what she wrote about herself in My Story.  Reading it now it's very poignant, and reminded me of what a strong and positive person she was.  She'll be missed. 
  • mjmck21
    mjmck21 Legacy
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Just seeing this now. I find this almost too much to bear. Fearless along with Tough as Teal were the first two Teal Sisters who gave me hope and helped me to see that I could live longer and better with oc than I imagined. A calm hand on discussion board wheel. She will be dearly missed.  
  • mjmck21
    Options
    @jobo this link does not appear to work. 
  • Sorry about the link to Fearless' profile page not working.  Try this: https://ovdialogue.ovariancanada.org/profile/Fearless_Moderator
    This one works. 
  • @Fearless_Moderator
    I felt you by my side right from the beginning of my journey. Your kind words, understanding, wisdom and support meant so very much to me. I will miss you immensely…rest in peace. 🩵
  • Rest in Peace, @Fearless_Moderator. We will miss you very much! Since I joined the OVdialogue about a year ago, I always looked forward to reading your comments on Teal Thursday chats as they were so encouraging, inspirational and compassionate. Thank you for all your time and dedication to this group! 
  • @Fearless_Moderator

I am so saddened to hear of Kathy’s passing. Our amazing Fearless, will be missed by all those who knew her - as our excellent Moderator on this site - but also as a true and helpful guide and caring and compassionate friend. 

Rest in Peace 💙

• Oh no!  I feared this outcome when we didn't hear from @Fearless_Moderator for so long.  She was always so positive that its difficult to believe she succumbed to this disease.  I too found many of her comments and information sharing over the last 2 years to be very helpful and encouraging.  Her comments on not freaking out at the size of CA125 numbers, but to view them more as giving an idea of the general direction of the disease was very sensible and calming.  I also found her frequent comments about not looking ahead too far, but breaking your thought horizon down into more manageable milestones to be a positive way to think.  She was such an articulate writer and had such a positive and humorous outlook on life that was such a pleasure to be in her sphere of influence.  Rest in peace you kind soul. 
  • This saddens me. I am sending her friends and family love. RIP. 
  • I'm so sorry to hear this news. She had such a positive impact on this community. Condolences to her friends and family.