Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Cataracts

Options
Has anyone had cataract surgery while on a parp inhibitor

Comments

• Strongwoman
    Options
    @annlaba I believe @Taita has had eye surgery. I am sure if you contacted her she would let you know if she was on a parp inhibitor when she had it done.
    Hope that helps.
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @annlaba
      Checking in. Were you able to touch base with @Taita and get the information you were looking for?
  • Taita
    Taita Legacy
    Options
    @annlaba I just saw the comment from @strongwoman. I was on Taxol and Avastin when I had my cataract surgery. No issues. Your doctor can advise on the Parp. Apparently it is commonly done on active cancer patients because the steroids cause the cataract issues. Hope this helps. Have a great weekend. 
  • annlaba
    Options
    Thank you so much. I have been in touch with my doctor and have a go ahead