Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Metastasizing

Options
Has anyone else had their ovarian cancer metastasize to their skin? I have hi-grade serous with spread already to on bowel, near sigmoid colon and lung. Now it has spread to the skin. Caelyx has been working well on the internal tumours, but my gyne-oncology team are still researching how to proceed.

What treatment did you receive for the skin and how did it go? 

Comments

• Strongwoman
    Options
    @Cheryllunenburg
      Hmmm I was not aware that this could occur. My thoughts are that your team will meet and present you with treatment options. Have you read any literature on this yourself? 
      I will be interested in seeing either other responses or what your team comes up with.
     In the meantime, how are you feeling about it and handling it? 
  • Treatment options coming up on 13 Jan. Other than reading that it is very rare, I am cautious of reading too much lest I stumble into less credible sources. Skin is the largest organ, so perhaps we shouldn't be too surprised that its possible. Its been hard to handle it. Biopsy results came out 26 Dec, so the timing has not been good for getting info. What was also hard was hearing this when it was thought to be infection of some sort. Plus caelyx had been working so well internally.
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @Cheryllunenburg
      Hello. I was thinking about you and was wondering how things are with you and if you have any updates you would like to share.  I look forward to your post.
    Take care