Parp Inhibitor Use for subsequent remission

I am just wondering if anyone used a parp inhibitor after remission; then had a first recurrance; then used a parp inhibitor for the second time.  Or if you were switched to a different maintenance drug ?

Comments

• StrongwomanStrongwoman Peer Support Vol
    @Cecile21
      That is a good question.  I am positive one of the ladies that have utilized the PARP Inhibitors will get back to you shortly on this.  
      I will look forward to reading about it when it gets posted.
  • @Cecile21 Good question.  I was on Olaparib for almost 2 years to treat my first recurrence but for me it was a controlled clinical trial.  That said, after I recurred again and went through chemo I was told I couldn't qualify for a PARP for maintenance since it had run its course with me.  I'm not sure if it's a medical decision or related to the criteria the Ontario MOH requires they follow to have the drug qualify for use.  I can say I can't recall a single post here where anyone mentions they we able to switch drugs. There may be some, now that some of the PARPs have been more formally approved for use who have received it after a subsequent recurrence again but also can't recall anyone mentioning that.  

If you haven't already, I'd suggest you ask your oncologist, especially if you're lucky enough to have one that 's a medical oncologist,  Like Strongwoman I'd be interested to see if you get any replies or your research turns up any information on the topic.  Thanks for raising it.
  • @Cecile21

I find myself heading in that direction right now.

Diagnosis #1...chemo (6 treatments)...2 1/2 years NED...Recurrence #1...chemo (11 treatments)...Zejula (2 months)...CA125 increased quite a bit and CT showed progression

I have an appointment with my Dr. on Monday. The plan is back to chemo -  with carbo (weekly) + Caelyx or Bevacizumab (bi-weekly), followed by maintenance with either Caelyx or Bev. Will be confirmed on Monday.

I was going to ask if I could go back on Zejula or not because I've seen some posts where Zejula + Bev have been used for maintenance.

Will keep you updated.