Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Initial symptoms and diagnosis

Options
2»

Comments

• My follow up ultrasound is showing 2 cysts now - I've asked for a referral for a second opinion because they're still relatively small (2 cm) and no one seems concerned despite the potential risks.

An MRI shows that I might have a brain aneurysm.  They need an MRI with contrast so they can see blood vessels better... but yay no tumour found.

Doctor asked me if I thought my fibromyalgia is causing pain... I don't know I said.  She asked if I'd try a prescription for that would help fibromyalgia pain.  I asked about side effects.  She said dry mouth and sedation.  I said I'd try it.
    It's an ant-depressant... and sometimes prescribed for neuropathic pain for fibromyalgia... with serious side effects.

I don't have depression, and I'm pissed that she lied to me.

I'm meeting a new doctor on Friday.  

• Hi @AlbertaKat.  I hope that the appointment tomorrow goes well and that you find this new doctor more helpful and responsive....
  • Thank you @Marilyn
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    Hello @AlbertaKat and @CanaryBird - I have been thinking of you both and hope you are doing well.... 
  • Hi dear @Flowergirl. Thank you for thinking about us. I hope you are well! We can talk via private messages, if you will? Take care!
  • Thank you @CanaryBird, I have been focusing on my health and spending very little time online.  My new doctor is excellent, and believes that my health issues are not cancer related.  I’m cautiously optimistic.
  • Flowergirl
    Options
    Thank you @CanaryBird - I will direct message

Hello @AlbertaKat - thank you for letting us know and we wish you well - we are also here if ever needed for a friend!