Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Announcing our new PEER SUPPORT VOLUNTEERS

Options
Fearless_Moderator
Fearless_Moderator Moderator
edited September 2022 in Encouragement and Support
I'm happy to announce two new members of our Peer Support Volunteer Team, STRONGWOMAN and TOUGHASTEAL, who join our current team of Jiselle16,  Countryliving and Annie1950.  All are active members of our community who have or continue to face the challenges of our disease yet are committed to contributing their time in support of our membership.  

The Peer Support Volunteer, formerly called Community Champion, has an important role to play in OVdialogue . From helping you navigate the site, assist with connections between members with common interests or issues, ensure your questions and comments are acknowledged or responded to with timeliness, and, as we move ahead with some exciting design and functional changes to the site, work with me to ensure the improvements meet our needs most effectively. 

And with these latest additions to the team, the search is not over.  I am happy to entertain any of our members who would like to take an active but not overwhelming role supporting OVdialogue.  This is your site, managed by your peers.  

Please welcome them to your team !

Comments